So who are Old One-Eye and his spanner sidekick Limp?

CBris

Well, I've dropped the odd hint about the famous duo: One-Eye's the exception to prove the rule - he's that "Old and Bold pilot that shouldn't really exist.His spenner-wielding sidekick is a the geeky anorak type who fixes the planes that One-Eye flies and, all too often, bends. So without further ado...

One--Eye%20and%20Limp%202.jpg

One--Eye%20and%20Limp%201.jpg

They do have a place of their own by the way. A few years ago, Old One-Eye bought a plot just over the ridge from Ketchikan. He'd rather have had PANT  because of the name, but his new base was behind a line of hills from the nearest radars and CATOs are no real problem here. Runway 23 is a devilish approach because it's quite literally at the bottom of a slope steeper than most pilots would consider sane and runway 05 has tall trees in the approach, also needing a steep approach.

One--Eye%20and%20Limp%206.jpg

As you can see from the photo above, One-Eye has also prepped a slope down to the water for any amphibs he may bring in for a repaint. Ah yes, the hangar is big enough for a Dakota - and with enough of a defuel, he can even haul a Herc out of his field - although... getting one in is a tad fraught and has to be on the cusp all the way in.

One--Eye%20and%20Limp%205.jpg

And last but not least - he's got heli pads.

So with all that space on hand, feel free to drop by any time, but beware - the team have Gou'auld cloaking technology - you won't actually find this strip anywhere unless you want to drop by for a repaint,,, and from that you can readily asume that Eagleskinner lives there too. ;)

Well... my old eagleskinner website is going back online at last. Most of the html and low data volume stuff has been put back on a server somewhere. The downloadables (zip files) won't be up for another day or ten yet - still waiting for my high speed glass fibre link up.

BUT... if those few words about Old One-Eye pickled your interest (a deliberate choice of wordes there) then you may care to drop by my website and read more. Read Old One-Eye's Tales here

Archived