Runway and Taxiway lights unusable at Pago Pago (NSTU)

kevinsue

I decided to do some night flying with the new Samoan scenery and found the lights at Pago Pago (NSTU) are only visible when on very late final. They can't be seen to orientate runway during the approach so it's basically landing with no lights.  :-[

The 3D light models are present, unlike my very dissapointing issue with the runway lighting in Cairns (YBCS) where there are no light models at all. I checked some other airports in Western Samoa and found that Fagali and Maota had no lights which I'm unsure if they are supposed to, but Faleolo (NSFA) runway lights were very bright and could be seen for miles.

I've tried making sure that FTX P3D Night is definitely set, all the ORBXlibs etc are the latest version and have even removed my latest nVidia drivers and reinstalled an earlier version nVidia 344.75 whql drivers as per suggestions for lighting problems in other posts. I am running P3Dv2.4 and have also tried REX4 lights  and every conceivable setting available ingame without any luck.

I'm unsure why Faleolo works and Pago Pago doesn't in the same scenery pack but it is frustrating. I hope that something can be resolved in the short term with this because I purchased YBCS over a year ago and still have not had a resolution with the lighting problem. :  

EDIT: I downloaded latest triple installer updated version of YBCS and the lights still don't work and the 3D light models are still missing. 

Hi Kevin,

The 'long range' element of the NSTU Pago Pago and FAQ Fitiuta runway lighting systems are custom models controlled and displayed via the Objectflow module, without this module installed you will only see (dim) 3d lights, following Jarrad's advice above http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/98961-taxiwayrunway-lights-not-working-ybcs/?p=902321regarding Objectflow should sort it out

TD798Aw.jpg

wT8EWDa.jpg

G'day Tim and Jarrad, 

I think I have the opposite problem now.....both airports have so much light now I'm just about blinded trying to land! Nah...just kidding. 8)  

Thanks so much for the advice, it's working a treat now and I'm once again a happy camper!  ::)

Archived