Taxiway/Runway lights not working - YBCS

Jimmy123

I recently did a night flight into YBCS and on landing noticed that there were no taxiway or runway lights. Apron lights seemed to be working fine though! It seems to have happened since I installed the updated version (1.2). Anyone have any ideas as to why this would be the case?

G'day Jimmy, 

This is likely to be a problem with your Objectflow.dll - make sure you have the latest ORBXlibs installed. Likewise, if you don't have the latest version of the Objectflow module installed, you will be prompted to update the next time you boot up your sim, so make sure this is also current. 

Incidentally, what sim are you having the problem with? FSX, FSX with DX10 or FSX Steam Edition? 

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problems as Jimmy..... No Runway or Taxi lights at YBCS

I have the latest objectflow  module installed and have been prompted to update the last time I booted up.  The update link directs me to a store I did not buy my Original hard copy from.

The store I did buy my copy from has no desire to help me can someone shine some light on my problem.

Thanks

Andrew

I was very excited to see that a triple installer had been released for YBCS.  I have had the same issue with no runway or taxiway lights since I first bought it, and had been waiting patiently for about a year to have this issue resolved.

Imagine my disappointment to find that this problem is still present in the updated version. I have gone down the road with video drivers as per suggestions in this forum (nVidia 344.75 whql) with no luck. Everything including ORBXlibs etc are the latest versions and I'm running P3Dv2.4 

There are many unresolved enquiries regarding runway lights  not working or being too dull to be useable in this forum. With YBCS there are no 3D light  models present at all. I am also having runway lighting issues with Pago Pago (NSTU) not being visible until about the runway threshold but at least the 3D light objects are present.  I will post a seperate thread for that one.  :-[ 

G'day Kevin,

The YBCS lighting system has been totally redesigned for the triple installer (as the previous version was not at all compatible with P3D2), so most suggestions on how to "brighten" the older lighting are no longer relevant. 

It's most likely that your Objectflow dll is not working correctly - have you made sure that you have the latest ORBXlibs installed, and that your Objecftlow is up to date? You can confirm that this is the problem by checking the windsocks - if they are not present in P3D2, then this is definitely the problem as both windsocks and lights at YBCS are controlled by the same module. Likewise, this is also the most likely reason why your lighting isn't working at Pago Pago either. 

If your ObjectFlow is still not working after making sure you are up to date, you can try re-introducing the module manually, by doing the following:

1. Go to your Prepar3D v2/ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_ORBXLIBS/Scenery folder, and double click on ModuleInstaller.exe to open it.

2. Click on the left button (Install Flight Simulator Modules), and select OK to confirm. Boot up P3Dv2 (don't forget to select "OK" if a security prompt shows up during the startup screen), and see if that solves the problem.

If you still can't get the lighting to work after running through this checklist, could you please post a screenshot at dusk? A shot from short finals to RWY15 will work best, as it will show the approach & runway lighting. If you haven't posted a screenshot before, you can find instructions here

Here's a screenshot from my setup for reference:

YBCS_Lighting.jpg

I have the latest objectflow  module installed and have been prompted to update the last time I booted up.  The update link directs me to a store I did not buy my Original hard copy from.

The store I did buy my copy from has no desire to help me can someone shine some light on my problem.

G'day Andrew, no problems at all. Since you've purchased Cairns from another reseller, you'll need to tee up a cross-grade license so that you can download the new version from FlightSimStore. Info on how to do that can be found here

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad, 

Just thought I had better reply  here as well so we can put a "SOLVED" tag on the YBCS runway lights issue!

After taking your advice, the lights are so bright I have to wear these welding goggles now to land!2s6v5l3.jpg

Hi Jarrad, 

Just thought I had better reply  here as well so we can put a "SOLVED" tag on the YBCS runway lights issue!

After taking your advice, the lights are so bright I have to wear these welding goggles now to land!2s6v5l3.jpg

Would that issue be best resolved by running FTX Aero?  That would be my first thought as I had that issue in Edinburgh, not too long ago.  It's either that or FTX Vector Lights Configurator.

-Jim

G'day Jim,

I had tried using everything I could think of including the programs and tools you mentioned. It was following Jarrad's advice and manually activated the Module Installer.exe that did the trick for me. ::)  Now I have lights to spare at these airports and have installed the tiniest runway lighting with REX4 to reduce the intensity, so everything now is perfect!  O0

G'day Jim,

I had tried using everything I could think of including the programs and tools you mentioned. It was following Jarrad's advice and manually activated the Module Installer.exe that did the trick for me. ::)  Now I have lights to spare at these airports and have installed the tiniest runway lighting with REX4 to reduce the intensity, so everything now is perfect!  O0

Glad that worked for you.  After reading another thread, highlighting the same issue, I realized that the offline installer that was recently updated, is far more powerful and useful in cases like this.  ORBX has some of the best support folks around!

-Jim

Archived