3D Lights and FTX Mode

macwino

While I'm waiting for a defrag to complete after installation of FTX, I've been reviewing the manual and have a question about how the 3D Lights are handled. I run TripleHead2Go and consequently have found it necessary to substitute a custom halo file and add some lines to the fsx.cfg governing size. I also run Shockwave 3D Lights Redux, and this may have altered my custom halo file although not in any way that's adversely affected my lighting when using TH2G. In any event, it appears that installation of FTX automatically installs its own halo file and makes some other changes affecting size. Since I understand the halo file to be a global file, am I correct in assuming that installation of FTX has overwritten the halo file that I had installed prior to the installation of FTX, and may also have modified my fsx.cfg with respect to the size parameters?

If I am correct in this assumption, then I have a few more questions. First, is my original halo file backed up somewhere, and if so where? Also, is the halo file controlled by the FTX Mode application, and thus will be substituted in and out depending on whether the FTX Mode app is set to On or Off? Or is the halo file a permanent change that requires manual substitution if I find it adversely affects my lighting in areas outside of Australia or that it does not work right with TH2G?

Thanks, Robert

Hi Robert,

if you open .....Start Menu | All Programs | Orbx | FTX Lights Tweaker .... run that and select your preffered halo and size and have a fly around at dusk or dawn you can select from 6 different ones and set the intensity from low to rather high.

start with the 4th from the left and size 9 for starters  8)

BTW these do not affect your aircraft lights but they "regulate" your street lights in FTX ;)

Archived