Not seeing ORBX AU traffic

Today I installed FTX AU AI Traffic 4.0, 4.1 and 4.2

FTX Central 2 recognises it and the data has synced.

However when I start FSX-SE up and load Kingsford Smith no AI aircraft are visible either on the ground or flying. I have the FSX-SE sliders set at 30.

No sure, some help would be appreciated.

Do you have any FS9 traffic files installed? FS9 and FSX traffic files are compiled differently and when both types are encountered, FSX will only recognise the FS9 ones and suppress all the FSX traffic files.

The most common FS9 traffic files around at the moment are those released by WOAI. If you have any, they would need to be recompiled for FSX.

I suggest you download AIflightplanner, AIFP. There is a facility in there which will search your scenery\world\scenery folder for FS9 flightplans. It will then offer you the option to convert any FS9 flightplans it finds, into FSX compatible flightplans. Here is a link for you to look at.

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/ai-flight-planner.100/

If your problem is with FS9 flightplans then this will resolve the issue. You also need to ensure you have activated the FTX AU traffic files by choosing the correct option in its Control Panel.

Sorry, I am confused as to why I need the flight planner. I thought downloading the ORBX Aus AI traffic would allow me to see real Australian airlines and aircraft movements rather than the default FSX-SE traffic. I am not seeing them with sliders set at 30%. Nor seeing the default aircraft. But I am seeing ships, boats and road vehicles.

I plan on flying online and I realise I need my traffic sliders to zero for this. However not sure if its possible and to model match the ORBX AI traffic for use in VPilot.

I was not saying you need the flightplanner programme. I was saying that it has a very useful tool which has the ability to find any FS9 traffic bgls that sit in your Scenery\world\scenery folder, which may well be what is causing you not to see the AI.

If there are any FS9 flight bgls it will normally adversely affect all FSX traffic bgl resulting in no AI traffic appearing. If you convert those FS9 traffic bgls into FSX traffic compatible bgls( which the flightplanner tool will also do for you) then everything is fixed and you will get all the traffic that you have in your scenery\world\scenery folder activated as normal. I mentioned the flightplanner tool offer as it could well be that you have some FS9 traffic files and that is why you are not seeing the AUS AI as you should be.

Hope the above explains better.

Hi Darren

Go to the scenery/world/scenery folder and tell us what kind of traffic files do you have (including the suffixes). They typically are the end of the list (a screenshot  wouldd be even better). It may help to see whether everything is in order.

I was not saying you need the flightplanner programme. I was saying that it has a very useful tool which has the ability to find any FS9 traffic bgls that sit in your Scenery\world\scenery folder, which may well be what is causing you not to see the AI.

If there are any FS9 flight bgls it will normally adversely affect all FSX traffic bgl resulting in no AI traffic appearing. If you convert those FS9 traffic bgls into FSX traffic compatible bgls( which the flightplanner tool will also do for you) then everything is fixed and you will get all the traffic that you have in your scenery\world\scenery folder activated as normal. I mentioned the flightplanner tool offer as it could well be that you have some FS9 traffic files and that is why you are not seeing the AUS AI as you should be.

Hope the above explains better.

Ok, got ya. That clarified it for me.

Hi Darren

Go to the scenery/world/scenery folder and tell us what kind of traffic files do you have (including the suffixes). They typically are the end of the list (a screenshot  wouldd be even better). It may help to see whether everything is in order.

Hi Dominique,

As requested see below. 

Darren.jpg

Darren,

those trafficCV63 files look suspect to me - did you try and run AI Flight Planner yet to check for FS9 files? I'd be putting money on the CV63 files being for an aircraft carrier and being still in FS9 format, which would mean your other traffic won't show. AI Flight Planner should allow you to convert those plans to FSX format (though I have to say I'm not 100% sure if that works on ship traffic).

Cheers

Jack

Hi Dominique,

That worked, thanks very much all of you.

Come to think of it; I recently installed the aerosoft F14 and that's where its got screwed up I reckon.

I now need to sort model matching out so that I can see these type of aircraft and liveries whilst flying online with others. Any advice?

Again I say if you use the AIFlightplaner it will convert the files to FSX format. As Holy Cheese says, cannot be 100% sure it works for ships etc but well worth a try, the result would be potentially no loss of that traffic. I can not think of a valid reason why the conversion of ship traffic bgls to FSX format would not work, but try it and see.

Thank you to all on this discussion......I was able to resurrect my AI aircraft after installing Horn Island and Norfolk Island......there were a couple of FS9 files that needed adjusting .

I used the AI flight planner to find them.

I'm  amazed how someone always knows how to sort out these problems !!!

Keep up the Great work

Graeme Simpson

Bendigo

Victoria

Australia

Hi guys,

I too have suddenly had a problem with my AI aircraft not appearing, except for my WofAI Aircraft. I did as you have suggested and used AI flight Planner and I have a multitude of FS9 files that I now need to convert. Hopefully after converting these files to FSX I shall be able to get the FTX AI in the air again.

Along side of the WoAI traffic, we can add the MAIW traffic to be converted as well.

Also, when I uninstalled my WoAI yesterday, I noticed that the WoAI Traffic files were still in the Scenery folder, should I delete these files manually the next time I decide to uninstall the WoAI?

Thanks for this thread. I shall advise if this cures my problem.

Lance.

Hi guys,

Arfter converting all the FS9 Traffic files to FSX files (517 of them) with AI FlightPlanner, my airports and skies have really come alive.

Is there a list of Airlines used in the AU and NA AI Traffic files so that I can remove the other Traffic files (eg: WoAI, MAIW) and only add those that do not conflict with the FTX Traffic?

Thanks for the invaluable advice on this post, it has saved me a lot of headaches.

Cheers,

Lance.

Archived