FTX NA adding trees and buildings to airports

park86

I recently installed FTX Global trees and had FTX NA for quite some time with no problems.  Now when I activate NA and go to an airport like KBOI or KSEA, the scenery is populated with trees and buildings that are not there.  They are non the taxi ways, runways, and elsewhere.  Things are normal when I go back to default.  I have both tree options unchecked in ftx central but the problem continues.  How do I get the airport textures back to normal?

I disabled  NA FTX with Scenery Config then went into FSX to find the random trees and buildings were missing but the elevations were now all messed up so I enabled them again and trees were still gone but the elevation problem still was there.  FTX Global is good so my problem seems to be with NA.  Do I just uninstall it then reinstall?   

I woder if you are using the Scenery Config Editor to change regions?

If so, this does not work properly, as there are numerous other files changed

when the region is changed using FTX Central.

In particular, there are many airport elevation files which are switched on and off

as the regions are changed.

Try using FTX Central and setting it to Global, clicking Apply and then to your

regions, also clicking Apply.

No I have only used Central to change regions. The problem started I believe after installing Ftx Pago package and Ftx Trees. My plan is to uninstall Ftx NA and maybe Pago then buy and install Vector then reinstall NA. Worth a try or any other suggestions? I do see where others have had this problem but the fix is not clear. I would really like to get the NA region functioning again. I have had a good experience with Orbx up until this happened.

I doubt very much that either of the latest products have caused your problem.

I would suggest that you solve them though before you buy FTX Vector.

You can try first setting FTX Central to North America and then check your

Scenery\World\scenery for *.off.

Hi there,

if you have trees showing up on airports on or between runways and taxiways then that means that the grass skirting polygon isn't doing its job. That can either happen because the polygon ins't drawn in the first place (= installation issue) or some other file at higher display priority excludes or overwrites that grass polygon.

It might be useful to post a couple of representative screenshots because that will help us determine the actual issue more quickly; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Also, do you have any third-party add-ons active at higher display priority meaning above the FTX block of entries in the scenery library menu?

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger.  That was it.  I changed the insertion point for FTX to be above my UT files.  According to Scenery Config, Default Terrain and Scenery are at the bottom followed by the Base, then FS Global, Scenery Tech stuff, UT then Orbxopen base, NAmerica,Europe, then FTX.  The Libraries are above in fact on top.  Does this look right? If so I will proceed with Vector.  It is working.  I even have FTX Trees back.  

• 3 months later...

Hi there,

if you have trees showing up on airports on or between runways and taxiways then that means that the grass skirting polygon isn't doing its job. That can either happen because the polygon ins't drawn in the first place (= installation issue) or some other file at higher display priority excludes or overwrites that grass polygon.

It might be useful to post a couple of representative screenshots because that will help us determine the actual issue more quickly; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

Also, do you have any third-party add-ons active at higher display priority meaning above the FTX block of entries in the scenery library menu?

Cheers, Holger

I´m having trees on taxiways and aprons on SGAS

See this pic: http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/D7t

Even after all updates are done through FTX Central and the procedure written in topic/79004.

I found a solution outside ORBX, but I consider it more appropriate that ORBX solves it.

One more thought..... could it be because I run FSX;SE on a low end PC (since 2008, Core2Duo 3GHz)?

My ORBX block is on top of the list iin the scenery library.

I had the same problem a few months back on SEQU, but that might have been because there is s new airport near Quito (Equador) and on the old spot there now is a park.

Cheers, Dirk

Archived