Land where water should be.

mark767

I am a Global, Vector and LC owner and recently purchased several of the NA NorthWest regions.  I have a problem where land is now in places where there should be water.  I have checked off the coast of Vancouver and Portland to find land but off the coast of San Francisco there is water so this issue appears to be only a PNW one and things appear to be working for Northern California region.  Note that I have selected North America as active (hybrid off).  I have also run and applied the Vector elevation correction program.

Here is what I see.

Vancouver

sKgJ0Kz.jpg

Portland

e8pjhq7.jpg

Mark,

just how far from Portland or Vancouver did you go?  Portland is about 60-75 miles from the ocean on the Columbia River.  Vancouver, BC is located on the Strait of Georgia/Juan De Fuca while a large body of water but probably at least 100 miles inland from the Pacific.

Vancouver has water right at the end of the runway at CYVR as shown in the pic its land.  For Portland, I that was the Lat reference, I slewed out over the ocean and there was none.  I just tried it again departing from Pacific City State Airport on the coast and had the same result.

Here is a screenshot off the coast of KPFC, nice beach but no water.

oheCOUd.jpg

Hi there,

it looks as if none of the required Orbx custom vector and polygon entries to the terrain.cfg file are active given that also none of the vector roads or shorelines display.

What platform is this, FSX boxed or SE? And did you install the latest libraries from our support page as mentioned by the region installers? Did you receive any error messages regarding terrain.cfg?

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger, I think you nailed it.  I actually install the scenery into FSX and then reference it in FSX-SE.  This is a trick that I picked up from Pete Dowson to make the transition over to FSX-SE easier.  I will go into my FSX terrain.cfg and copy over the ORBX entries with full paths and that should fix the problem.

Archived