FTX Global Base Layer Download & Install - 2 Questions

SkyGent

I have downloaded the FTX Global Base layer 6 or 7 times now, run the installer, but have been unable to successfully install the program. I used one of the recommended download programs (GetRight) per instructions from the flightsimstore site (also tried it with the other 2 suggested programs), but I can't seem to get a workable copy that will install correctly. My first question is: does the below zip look like the program is supposed to look after download (i.e., are there any missing files - i notice theres no readme). 

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/ii574/SkyGent/Untitled.gif

Secondly, would it be possible to convert my ~76USD purchase of the online edition into a boxed edition if I pay the added cost for shipping?

Thank you in advance. 

Are you extracting the files to a temp folder before running the exe - you need to do this as it will not run from inside the zip. Also right click on the exe once you've extracted all and run as administrator.

Note also that you need to have at least 10 GB free space on your C:\ drive as the files unpack to a temp folder there, regardless of which drive your sim is installed on.

Hope this helps.

Jack

Thank you all for the help, we can close this one out. I may have just been too cramped for space on the C drive, I reinstalled on a separate hard drive and the program installed. 

Now I've just got to figure out how to remedy the black boxes but thats a topic for another thread! 

Archived