Ai traffic PNW not working

Having a little trouble with pnw ai traffic. iv installed and checked enabled in ftx central 2 but when flying around (San Francisco) i see no traffic or hear any chatter. The bgl files all appear to be in the scenery/world/scenery folder but not listed in scenery library in prepar3d. iv tried to insert files in prepar3d but when selecting scenery/world/scenery folder the files do not come up to select?

What am i doing wrong?

Many Thanks

Lee

What have you exactly enabled in Central/North America. It should be NA General Aviation AI Traffic with abbreviated call signs & NA Large business jet AI with abbreviated call signs. You need the North American AI freeware package in order to do this. The pnw traffic file( which I cannot locate) would not cover San Francisco as that is in the Northern California region not PNW.The NA AI package covers all the NA regions. I do note that I have in my scenery\world\scenery folder a Traffic_orbx PFJ.bgl and a Traffic_orbx_NRM bgl for those 2 regions but not one for PNW. The NA AI pack resolves that issue.

Here is the link. Take a look at the write up and then download and install.

https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware/ai

Sorry by original post was meant to say i have the NA Traffic base pack installed.

i have enabled  NA General Aviation AI Traffic with abbreviated call signs & NA Large business jet AI with abbreviated call signs btw. still understand quite understand why the bgl files are not listed in world scenery library?

ok im getting a little confused. 

If iv read the NA Traffic info correct, will i only get traffic and chatter in PNW and any payware and freeware in other areas of NA? 

so San Francisco will not be included as i dont have any payware airports in that region?

SOMEONE HIT ME WITH A RUBBER HAMMER PLEASE!

Hi there,

indeed, the NA GA AI traffic package is limited to airports in the PNW and PFJ regions, with only a few flightplans in the adjacent North American FTX regions. In addition, FTX NRM includes its own GA traffic file so there will be AI in that area as well.

Our payware airports sometimes include their own local GA flightplans but not all of them. In other words you're not missing out just because you "don't have any payware airports in that region".  

If you fly quite a bit outside of PNW, PFJ, and NRM, and don't have a third-party AI add-on that includes GA traffic, then I'd recommend reactivating the default AI traffic file in the configurator panel of our NA GA AI package.

Cheers, Holger

Archived