PNW KSEA has many problems

Jim Glockner

Good afternoon everyone. I finally flew into KSEA using PNW (pay). It appeared okay from about 5 miles out. Then the runways went to grass and then many valleys appeared all over the airport. I have installed both patches. I still have the problem.

Any ideas?

Hi Jim,

welcome to Orbx!

FTX PNW does not alter the default elevation of KSEA meaning if you're having elevation problems there they may stem from a third-party add-on that does change KSEA. 

I'd suggest running a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree (including any external scenery locations you may have) for .bgl files that include KSEA as part of their names. The result should bring up those that are part of PNW:

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl.BGL

ADE_FTX_PNW_KSEA_Seattle-Tacoma_Intl_CVX.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_PLC.bgl

FTX_PNW_objects_KSEA_BCN_PLC.bgl

but anything else that comes up would be a potential culprit. If you're not sure post a screenshot or list of the search result with full file names and folder paths and we can help with further diagnosis; a good example of that is http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74843-two-layer-main-runway-at-nzqn/?p=690129. Make sure that full folder names and paths are visible. 

Also, if you're using FTX Global Vector, make sure to run its Auto-Configuration tool in the Airport Elevation Corrections tab to ensure that any existing duplicates get deactivated (don't forget to press Apply after doing so!).

Cheers, Holger

• 11 months later...

Another two-cents into the hat for the Global Vector config tool --- a very handy device. I was having similar elevation issues around KSEA and ran the tool in auto mode.

It cleaned the issue right up. Am a newbie with ORBX (and P3D) and am really enjoying the experience.

Thanks !!!!   ^_^

Archived