FTX NZSI_130 - Christchurch taxiway edge lights look strange

wulfbindewald

Hi there,

on Christchurch airport in front of RWY29 there are a couple of blue taxiway edge lights which seem to be "overdimensioned". Is this intended here? Special warning lights?

All other airport scenery objects and layout look fine. Tried in DX9+DX10 with similar results.

No other foreign sceneries, no Globals or AI traffic in use/included.

Any feedback appreciated.

Wulf

2015-6-3_11-56-21-248.jpg

Confirmed here with FSX+DX10+Fixer. On my system, those "oddballs" shimmer as well.

I also tried it in P3Dv2 - same thing exactly, but (curiously) I also lose that section of the taxiway texture. I wonder if that's a clue?

Adam.

Confirmed here with FSX+DX10+Fixer. On my system, those "oddballs" shimmer as well.

I checked FSX DX9 too with similar results.

I also tried it in P3Dv2 - same thing exactly, but (curiously) I also lose that section of the taxiway texture. I wonder if that's a clue?

Adam.

Could you please post a screenshot regarding the lose taxiway texture on issue.

Wulf

Hi Adam,

the missing taxiway indicates that you don't have a P3Dv2 compatible version of the NZCH airport facilities file. Make sure you have NZSI upgraded to v1.3 (V1.3 PATCH 003 July 2014) either with the current triple installer or the service pack from the product page: https://www.fullterrain.com/product/nzsi

Cheers, Holger

P.S.: the extra taxilights seem to be included in the NZSI "ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH.Bgl" file; I'll ask Eddy to take a look at it.

the missing taxiway indicates that you don't have a P3Dv2 compatible version of the NZCH airport facilities file. Make sure you have NZSI upgraded to v1.3 (V1.3 PATCH 003 July 2014) either with the current triple installer or the service pack from the product page: https://www.fullterrain.com/product/nzsi

P.S.: the extra taxilights seem to be included in the NZSI "ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZCH.Bgl" file; I'll ask Eddy to take a look at it.

Thanks, Holger. I checked: mine is the latest - 1.3/003 July 2014. I've re-installed P3D twice since Christmas (due to P3D upgrades) - and installed the latest NZ sceneries each time.

Good catch! Just had to delete and recreate the taxiway now normal edge lights show.

Download and overwrite the file in FSX or P3D\ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZSI_05_SCENERY\scenery

attachicon.gifFTX_NZSI_Airport_Hotfix.zip

Well done, Edward (and Holger). That's nailed it! For some reason, each time I've been to NZCH in the past, it's always been at the other end of the runway, so haven't spotted it.

However - there's still something a little "shonky" here! The large blue taxi lights have gone (and the taxiway texture + edge lights show) but we now have a missing green centre light - and some others are doubled up:

nzch_04_64_1280.jpg

Many thanks!

Adam.

Thanks for the hotfix, Eddy! Now it looks fine on my FSX.

However - there's still something a little "shonky" here! The large blue taxi lights have gone (and the taxiway texture + edge lights show) but we now have a missing green centre light - and some others are doubled up:

There are still several locations with doubled taxiway green centre lights on the this airport.

Wulf

Archived