Everything missing at KRDD

Lukehall

Hello,

I have Northern Cal installed with Global, KMRY and KRDD (all in P3d v2.5)

Everything was working perfectly until I loaded up a flight starting from KRDD and all of the buildings and other details are suddenly missing. Unless.... I go to an outside view and look vertically downwards!

If I slew a few hundred feet upwards then look straight down, everything re-appears but as soon as I angle my view a few degrees towards level, it all disappears.

Have tried switching between global and north cal, no joy.

Have reinstalled KRDD after removing the files, no joy.

I haven't changed a thing since it worked perfectly yesterday.

Help!

Luke

G'day Luke,

Can you try a couple of different things and let me know if they make a difference?

1. Disable any possible non-ORBX scenery that might be conflicting - other packages for the Redding/NorCal area (freeware airports, mesh etc). 

2. Try refreshing your P3D2 library - move your KRDD folder up a layer - and see if that changes the problem at ground level. 

If you can't get a fix from these suggestions, could you then take a screenshot or two of the airport? If you haven't done this before, instructions can be found here

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarrad,

Thanks - Moving KRDD up a layer made everything reappear again. However, if I shut down P3D everything has gone again on the next flight BUT KRDD remains in it's new position in the library. If I move it again, everything reappears again. It doesn't matter whether I move it up or down a layer, just moving it works.

Now, I just need everything to appear without me having to mess with the library each time I load!

Incidentally, the only scenery I have in the area is:

ORBX Northern Cal

KMRY

KRDD

Cheers,

Luke

G'day Luke,

Apologies - I missed your reply last week. There seems to be a glitch with some users caused by P3D v2.5 that is causing this problem - at the moment I can't identify what is specifically causing it but I am looking into what the cause may be. In the meantime, the only solution I can offer is to refresh your scenery library as mentioned. In answer to your question, refreshing your scenery library without causing any layer problems can be done one of two ways:

1. Swap the locations of your KMRY and KRDD entries - because these two scenery areas don't overlap nor interact, swapping the order of these two will not make a difference. 

2. Alternatively, there is a command input coded into the sim to "refresh scenery", however by default it doesn't have any keyboard hotkey assigned to it. If you go to your options>settings>controls>buttons and keys, look for "refresh scenery" and assign it a key, you can refresh in-sim without having to edit the a library entry. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

G'day Luke,

Apologies - I missed your reply last week. There seems to be a glitch with some users caused by P3D v2.5 that is causing this problem - at the moment I can't identify what is specifically causing it but I am looking into what the cause may be. In the meantime, the only solution I can offer is to refresh your scenery library as mentioned. In answer to your question, refreshing your scenery library without causing any layer problems can be done one of two ways:

1. Swap the locations of your KMRY and KRDD entries - because these two scenery areas don't overlap nor interact, swapping the order of these two will not make a difference. 

2. Alternatively, there is a command input coded into the sim to "refresh scenery", however by default it doesn't have any keyboard hotkey assigned to it. If you go to your options>settings>controls>buttons and keys, look for "refresh scenery" and assign it a key, you can refresh in-sim without having to edit the a library entry. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Hi Jarad,

Thanks for the further advice. I'll try as you've suggested and await a more permanent fix! :-)

Hi Lukehall!

The same problem occured on my machine.

After running the FTX Vector tool with "automatic elev correction" it had been solved. Both airfields display correctly now.

I don't have the vector tool. Presumably it's something included with FTX Global Vector? 

• 1 month later...

Hi Jarrad

Just to let you know that I had the exact same problem today with KRDD (thanks Heavens for the search fucntion). Moving KRDD some layers up made it reappear. Weird !

For the record, no problem with KMRY or KTVL at the same time, just KRDD.

I'm having the exact same issue with KRDD as described, no buildings, except when viewed from overhead.  Moving it up and down library list fixes it but thats not a fix, it's an annoying workaround.  

I tried the vector elevation tool but that didn't work.  hope they can update this airport soon and fix it.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm having this exact same problem in P3D v3.1, have tried all the suggested fixes in the various forum posts and for me it seems to be related to loading with 3rd party aircraft. Changing the scenery library order after initial loading will also help sometimes, but not consistently. If I load with a P3D default aircraft like the Mooney the scenery will load and then I can switch aircraft.

For the record I have a reduced scenery library with only NCA and the majority of NCA airports, with ORBXLIBS at the top. I have the very latest versions of the libraries, object flow etc. and have re-installed KRDD from the latest installer just in case of corruption. I have cycled the region to NA in FTX Central to ensure it's active and have tried starting up at other NCA airports none of which appear to have any problems.

Lastly, resource usage isn't too high - I have 2GB VAS free even with a more complex aircraft like the RealAir Legacy or Carenado PC12.

It's an odd problem and I'm not seeing it at any of the other airports Jarrad has developed (in case of specific techniques used).

Interesting to see if this works similarly for anyone else?

Archived