Good evening (US east coast time)! I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I hope someone can help with an issue I am having with road detail in FTX scenery.

I have FTX: N/A Blue Pacific Northwest, Northern Rockies, and Pacific Fijords.

The scenery looks fantastic except for the roads...no matter what settings I use, all the roads, except bridges, have no detail whatsoever.  It looks like they are all dirt roads.  I have attached 3 screen shots from near Bowerman Airport (KHQM) in the Pacific Northwest region to show you what I see.  And it is not just Bowerman or the PNW region, all the regions show no road detail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for the help!

Marcus

Screenshot117ff1.jpg
Screenshot3f701d.jpg
Screenshot2ddb88.jpg

Hi Marcus,

for vector textures -- including roads, railroads, and shorelines -- to show their full detail the texture resolution slider should be set to 7cm. Is that the setting you're using? Also, is your Global texture resolution setting (on the Graphics tab) set to full right?

Cheers, Holger

Hey Holger,

Thanks for the reply, I do appreciate the help.  The Texture Resolution slider is set all the way to the right to 7cm and the Global Texture resolution slider is also all the way to the right.  In fact, I have all the terrain and water sliders under scenery set all the way to the right.  Performance is fine...just know road detail.  I have not tried Preview DX10 yet but wanted to check here first.  Also thought it might be something in FSX.cfg file but did not want to touch that until came here first.

I forgot to mention it earlier but I have REX Essential Plus Overdrive.  I did not think that was an issue because everywhere I have read, REX and FTX are suppose to be fully compatible.  Is there an issue with FTX and REX? Is this an issue I should take up with REX?

As they say....it's a mystery!  But I do appreciate the help and anything else you can think of.

Marcus

Archived