problem with ftx payware airport EGML Damynes Hall's Elevation

captainwarez

just loaded up prepar3d today and set location to EGML. The Aerodrome is now about 50ft up in the air in relation to the surrounding ORBX FTX ENGLAND scenery. Iv tried reinstalling the airport and have tried switching the scenery back to default and then re-selecting Europe in FTX Central 2.

Any idea how i fix this?

Regards

Lee

I'm having similar trouble with Orbx Damyns Hall scenery on FSX. I'm currently running FSX SP2 with DX10. Big ditch in the ground with planes floating over it. No buildings or foliage appear and the lovely 3d grass isn't there either. I have mesh at 5 m and everything else set according to the instructions in the provided pdf. I also have ORBX EU England scenery installed. Can't seem to solve this problem. Can anyone help? Is there any Orbx tech support.

Hi Andrew, that's exactly my problem. Iv had the England scenery along with stapleford and damyns hall for about 2 weeks now, and have not had any problems until now. Although I did install Scotland and Wales& Ireland to my collection a couple of days ago. Did a trip from Jersey to cork in Southern Ireland that night, then tried to start a flight from damyns hall yesterday, but now have the issues you mentioned. Do you think there might be problems with the library files.

Two things come to mind.  If you also have FTX Vector installed you'll need to run the Airport Elevation Corrections part of the Vector Configuration Tool.  You'll find it in FTXCentralV2 under Settings\Tools

Reinstall the latest libraries for FSX.  Currently it is 150331

Hi Captainwarez,

Thanx for your reply. Good to know I'm not alone with the issue. I'm not running Vector either but tried last night to switch the scenery order in the library and also swapped Vtx area to global and back to Europe to see if there was any change....none.

It's sooo frustrating. I haven't tried flying over Damyns Hall yet so might test that and see if it's the same as yours. Do any of the building models appear with yours or the 3d grass? I don't get any :( only floating planes people and random combine harvester. Maybe I'll invest in Vector like Rob has mentioned. Expensive way to cure the issue though.

Hi,

Please post screenshots with coordinates to make it easier for investigation. Also tell us what mesh resolution you are using and any additionnal mesh addon into your sim.

Hi Andrew, you should not need to purchase vector as we are using FTX Scenery. BTW i dont have FTX Global installed as i am just  flying in FTX scenery. When i flew over the aerodrome everything looked fine. Im no longer able to select that airfield my plane crashes after 1-2 seconds of seeing everything suspended in mid air. Think i might land there from stapleford and save after i have landed and then try to load, to see what happens.

Hi guys,

this could also be a conflict with some third-party airport facilities file. I'd suggest running a search of your entire FSX directory for .bgl files with "EGML" in their names, specifically any outside of the \ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGML\Scenery folder.

Cheers, Holger

sorry holger i dont understand why i have to search for the airport files? i havent installed any 3rd part airport files?

sorry holger i dont understand why i have to search for the airport files? i havent installed any 3rd part airport files?

Thanx lee,

Just completed a complete reinstall of FSX SP2, DX10, Orbx Gobal base, Orbx England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland. No other addon scenery is installed. Still have the same issues! Can anyone at Orbx please help? Really frustrating. I still have the trench in the ground and no grass at Damys Hall.

Iv noticed that halfway through the loading process the aerodrome looks like that and then a few secs later the loading fills all that in.

Might be worth going into the world scenery screen I think it's called? Make sure the aerodrome is listed, it also needs to be near the top in scenery prioritys.

Did you make sure you deleted very folder to do with ORBX? As we don't have any uninstall option.....

Thanks for your suggestions Lee. Glad you've managed to get yours sorted anyways.

Yeah I tried that but EGML is at the top of my scenery library but had no effect of the issue.

I'm considering just deleting the airport for good as is it seems to be a lost cause.

No tech support at Orbx is really frustrating too. Great scenery but little or no customer tech support :(

• 2 months later...

Sorry you didnt get it sorted. Im really surprised about ORBX not helping you out here??!??

I now have performance probs at egff cardiff, getting really bad stutters in that airport area, even after takeoff away from the airport? If i untick in the egff control panel peopleflow,grass,static aircraft ect its fine super smooth. Doesn't make much sense as I have smooth frames every where else. I have i5 cpu and NVidia 970 card. thought it might be a windows 10 problem but have the same issues with windows 7.

Archived