FTX NZSI_130 - FSX default hangars bleeding through Queenstown airport

wulfbindewald

Hi there,

enclosed a pic to demonstrate the bleeding through the FTX Queenstown airport.

What I did so far:

- Scenery loaded in Oceania and swapped to default and back to Oceania

- Checked scenery/world/scenery and found 60 .bgl files (none .off) e.g. ADE_FTX_NZSI_NZQN_elevation_adjustment.BGL. 

- latest ORBX Library 150331 applied

- FTXC2 confirms version and region

- Crosschecked 2 further airports in this region in Dunedin and Christchurch, but everything looks normal here

2015-5-28_9-42-59-6758c80.jpg

Wulf

P.S. afterwards I applied the new airport NZQN_105 Queenstown scenery and everything looks fine. Good for me, but the hickup in the full terrain scenery remains.

So, as I have no continuous prob here .... for your attention. 

If it's NZ-related, I'm in there like a ton of bricks! Let me get in quick with the usual question - did you re-apply the latest libraries [again] after NZQN_105? Looks like you haven't, as there should be some static aircraft there (among other things)!

nzqn_679_1280.jpg

Adam.

Hi Adam,

I re-applied the lib.

Your pic is showing the special airport scenery NZQN on top of the NZSI region, but not the Queenstown-airport in the NZSI region what I am referring to.

In short:

- FTX region NZSI at Queenstown-airport --> prob, see above

- FTX region NZSI + local airport scenery NZQN on top --> no prob

Wulf

Your pic is showing the special airport scenery NZQN on top of the NZSI region, but not the Queenstown-airport in the NZSI region what I am referring to.

I'm afraid you've lost me there! :lol:

Which Queenstown airport are you referring to? I checked your sig - you have NZSI and the NZQH add-on. You should be seeing what I'm seeing <?>.

Adam.

Which Queenstown airport are you referring to? I checked your sig - you have NZSI and the NZQH add-on. You should be seeing what I'm seeing <?>.

Adam.

I always referring to Queenstown=NZQN

In short again:

- FTX region NZSI at Queenstown-airport NZQN w/o local airport scenery --> prob, see my pic above mail#1

- FTX region NZSI + local airport scenery NZQN on top --> no prob

Aaah ... OK ... I get it now!! So this is with NZQN deactivated. How did you deactivate it - just un-ticking it in scenery library? I don't think it's quite as simple as that (once you've installed the NZQN add-on). A couple of those 60 bgl files you mention in your first post will probably have to be manually set to off, as I suspect FTX Central can only enable/disable complete areas.

I certainly don't remember this duplication in the period before buying the add-on NZQN.

Adam,

Aaah ... OK ... I get it now!! So this is with NZQN deactivated. How did you deactivate it - just un-ticking it in scenery library? I don't think it's quite as simple as that (once you've installed the NZQN add-on). A couple of those 60 bgl files you mention in your first post will probably have to be manually set to off, as I suspect FTX Central can only enable/disable complete areas.

I certainly don't remember this duplication in the period before buying the add-on NZQN.

Adam,

Much simpler.

At first I loaded the NZSI terrain only (nothing else), went to NZQN Queenstown and found this glitch and made my pic.

In a second step afterwards I added the local airport scenery NZQN.

Wulf

Hi Holger,

thanks for your reply.

- all *NZQN* related bgl´s within FSX checked, but only found obviously ORBX- or FTX- related files.

- AI traffic: I have WOAI traffic only, which should not correct airports

- there are no other New Zealand sceneries with exception of ORBX sceneries

- no Globals

As I have already added the local airport NZQN scenery and everything looks fine .... I suggest to terminate the difficult searching. Otherwise I have to de-install the local airport NZQN scenery to have the pure full terrain scenery again.

Wulf

@Holger : I de-activated my NZQN add-on and got exactly the same as Wulf's pic. This was without manually disabling any bgls. I don't have any other scenery other than ORBX active on my system (nor anything that introduces any scenery-related files). For NZ, I have NZNI, NZSI, NZQN and NZMF.

It looks like NZSI on its own may be isn't deactivating default FSX/P3D objects at NZQN <??>. It's academic for me - as the full NZQN works fine, but I wonder what plain NZSI users might be seeing?

Adam.

Same here with a little flickering to the boot. No addon whatsoever related to NZ. Using Zinertek airport buildings and MTX 6. Other NZ airports look OK so far. With the mid-collisions in mid-air and textures which look a little velvety in my P3D NZNI and SI are the first OrbX sceneries  for which I've a little mixed feeling...

A search for all the NZQN occurences :

QN.jpg

Archived