Orbx kjac ground looks blurry. LOD 9.5

gregdpw

i was flying into kjac yesterday with a LOD of 9.5 and in hybrid mode. The Tetons look really good. But looking at the ground it was quite blurry. I don't know if this has to do with the autogen? It just seemed a bit blurry cuz my LOD was set at 9.5. Thanks.

2015-5-26_16-40-54-415.png

2015-5-26_16-36-57-89.png

Quite possible.  FSX is a 32 bit program and was only ever designed for an LOD of 4.5.  Running it beyond its original design specs can lead to problems such as you have experienced.  Unfortunately each user has to find out where their limits lie and what they are prepared to put up with.  For me, I take the attitude that if the sim is not displaying things quitye as I like for a (hopefully) short period, I'll try and find something else to look at while it decides to load a better representation.  Does that make sense?

Hi Greg,

What you're seeing are blurries - refreshing your scenery or waiting for it to buffer will load them to full resolution. Don't forget, using a very high terrain LOD such as 9.5 is not a magic bullet - it does come with a couple of tradeoffs that should be considered before using it for any given scenario. You've come across the most obvious trade-off; your sim is more susceptible to blurries, particularly in faster and complex aircraft such as the B738. As with all things FSX-related, it's a matter of finding the right trade-off of visuals vs performance for the type of flying you are choosing to do.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived