Airport Suggestifons for Socal

jmg225

Dear Orbx Team,

Living in SoCal I can't wait for the scenery area. I have a couple suggestions for airport sceneries.

KSAN-This is a must. The busiest commercial single runway airport in USA. The approach to Rwy 27 is the most beautiful in all of SoCal and a tricky approach due to terrain and downtown buildings (and Rwy 27 is almost always the active).

KVNY- another must. Busiest GA airport in USA. Where all the rich and famous fly out of. What would be great is a ton of static various biz jets included in scenery since all ai packages are Bizjet lacking. And animated movie stars.

F70- French Valley Airport. Located in Temecula/Murrieta area which is known as the Napa Valley or Wine Country of SoCal. Beautiful sourrounding scenery (except perhaps the prison a few miles north of the field, an interesting building to model however). The field has an architecturally interesting GA terminal and a great cafe.

KBUR-Located smack dab in the Burbank/Glendale metroplex. Interesting approaches and departures as well as terminal design (The back of the aircraft at the terminal are almost hanging over a runway).

Thanks for listening to suggestions,

John

Approach to Rwy 27 at ksan requires you to fly over Balboa Park, which among other things includes one of the only outdoor pipe organs at the organ pavilion and the world famous San Diego Zoo. You can also see Mission Bay, Coronado Island and bridge, aircraft carriers and Sea World which offers a nightly fireworks show.

KSAN-This is a must. The busiest commercial single runway airport in USA. The approach to Rwy 27 is the most beautiful in all of SoCal and a tricky approach due to terrain and downtown buildings (and Rwy 27 is almost always the active).

Do you know LatinVFR already made this airport? I don't have it. But it looks quite good on the images. Also covers the surrounding area. ORBX might do it even better, but I doubt there is an urgent need for that.

KVNY- another must. Busiest GA airport in USA. Where all the rich and famous fly out of. What would be great is a ton of static various biz jets included in scenery since all ai packages are Bizjet lacking. And animated movie stars.

+1 !!! I also wouldn't mind having F70, too 8)

KSBA (Santa Barbara) - just a beautiful area...

DId you already see KSBA by Sim720? I don't have that one either, but it looks quite good, too, as we are used to see at Sim720. Quite expensive however.

"KSMO (Santa Monica) - we may not be able to land there in real life soon, so maybe we can preserve the memories in the virtual world..."

Why is this the case?

It's a long story but summarized here fairly well  http://generalaviationnews.com/2015/04/12/santa-monica-takes-first-steps-towards-closing-airport/   . Just the historical significance alone should make SMO worthy of consideration.

Doug

It's a long story but summarized here fairly well  http://generalaviationnews.com/2015/04/12/santa-monica-takes-first-steps-towards-closing-airport/   . Just the historical significance alone should make SMO worthy of consideration.

Doug

Thank you.  Looks like it might take action by the FAA to save the airport.

Archived