Airport shifted sideways

napier

Hello Team

A small problem exists only at NZNR.  The main runway 34-16 (or) the ground nearby has shifted sideways 2-3 meters as indicated in the screenshots. It is not an elevation or vertical issue but more of a horizontal shifting.

It affects either end of the runway, the entry/exit to the main terminal as well as the yellow taxi lines at this area.  Aircraft load on the centre line from runway making me think it could be land adjacent which is affected on the terminal side?  All sim sliders set per PDF NZNI information.

All other NZ airports appear unaffected and only noticed this several months back.  

Yes, there was the Napier 7.8 magnitude earthquake back in 1931 which 254 died and from that the airport was created from the raise earthquake land much later.

Trying to solve the situation I uninstalled the 4 NZNI files from ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI folder then deleted the 28 ADE_FTX_NZNI BLG files from the world scenery folder. Ran the FTXConfigurator.exe

Started game and airport was ok on default scenery (horrible graphics I must say!) then re-installed NZNI from DVD, the FTXNZNI patch 001, and lastly the latest FTX 150215 Library before switching to Oceania in Central 2 but the problem has not corrected itself.

Many moons back I had Snowman’s Napier_V2 & Lawrie Roach Napier_V4 installed but uninstalled both prior to ORBX NZNI install back in 2012. 

Could someone help me resolve this please?

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/4BG

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/4B6

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/4B0   

Hi Edward,

Apologies napier I have this issue too, I'm surprised It has not been previously reported for closer look, and I hope my contribution helps to solve your issue.

Like the OP I too observed the main taxiway gap meeting the runway, and the misalignment of the thresholds at both ends of the runway 16/34 pre-Hotfix.

I have installed the Hotfix files and note, while the Taxiways now join the runway neatly there are some minor side effects.

What I have noticed is that there is a 4 deg drift off alignment from true 16-160 deg / 34-340 deg  making runway heading 16-164 / 34-344 deg this may in part explain, even after applying the hotfix Runway 34 is still off alignment with the threshold, but runway 16 threshold is perfect, all barring the weed regrowth invading the threshold infront the bars at 16. A minor taxiway leading to Runway 34 has a spur poly defect with grass over the roadway surface, this might rectify when both ends of runway are aligned true. The Runway/Taxiway meeting point looks much much better with the Hotfix than without, so I thankyou Edward, and look forward to a possible SP adjustment somewhere down the track.

Kind Regards Jeff

8586be9ba59f9e0a72d328b99b8186bf.jpg

205421906524c8a4fc18b59acb6f9373.jpg

9fd467154129c8748a4bd6c30c1f16c4.jpg

7b466a5db717a1dbd7ca89108f40d7b4.jpg

2936ffcacfa04a519f7be8ca18a82b74.jpg

Kia Ora Edward & Jeff

Re: The NZNR hot-fix.  

This has corrected the entry/exit off the main runway to the terminal.

The white solid line at end of RWY 16 has gone but remains at the 34 end and is still 2-3meters offset from the runway end.

Yellow taxi lines off the main runway remain as per Jeff’s images.

The other narrow entry/exit nearest RWY 34 end remains as Jeff’s images (no big deal and have never observed or heard any movements ever using this).

I do not observe any grass/weed bleed through any part of the main runway.

Aircraft line up almost perfect with the centre line if just maybe 0.5 meter offset.

Overall a bit happier that previously but if the solid white line at RWY 34 could be removed it would be almost perfect.

Cheers Bruce

Hmmm I tested the hotfix last night, installing the two files as directed, and mine looks perfect now.

I did the same. Results exactly the same as Jeff's. ie. Some slight improvement with the Hotfix, but still a bit wrong. I took screenshots, but they're identical to Jeff's set(s). The mis-alignment gets worse as you go down the runway.

From my airport "fiddling" days, many moons ago, I remember that even the slightest error in runway orientation (even the tiniest fraction of one degree) can cause these problems - along with the runway centre-point not matching with what FSX expects it to be.

However - I can't claim to have anything like the expertise of ORBX developers :lol:.

Adam.

Could you please tell me the date of the file "ADE_FTX_NZNI_NZNR_Objects.BGL" in \ORBX\FTX_NZ\FTX_NZNI_05_SCENERY\scenery?

Mine is 11 September 2014, 3:41:40pm

Mine is the same as the above - and I have Jeff's problem. Does it make any difference whether it's FSX or P3D? I'm in P3D.

Adam.

Hi Edward,

Looks like you nailed it this time with .002 HotFix, all problems fixed, NZNR looking perfect. Superb effort & many thanks, I'm sure this will make Napier (Bruce) very happy indeed.  4 Degrees adjustment made all the difference 16=164deg 34=344deg. 

Thresholds Aligned, no white showing.

Weed regrowth @ 16 gone

Spur on Minor taxiway gone

Taxiways all meet runway neatly 

Taxiway centerlines now as close to runway center as possible with no drift in either direction.

Here's some pictures.

a11e15c1e43d5c4efc87a46d4c6f67ed.jpg

6b0156aeabb8faa22214b7ff1507b617.jpg

2b90d0de3659ffefe184043f2d5b09af.jpg

325326ea7de3be659d780975409c61b9.jpg

b76bb5a5ef0ef5cd03ea72aabd5ba68b.jpg

Archived