Problems with scenery since install of Orbx Global Base and Vector for FSX

ldalton

I recently purchased and installed FTX Global Base, Global Vector, FTX Trees HD, and FTX Blue USA/Canada Northwest. I had previously installed FTX PNW Demo.  I now have black objects mixed in with building graphics.  They were not there before the FTX installations.  I have not used FSX for quite some and am not quite sure how to determine the problem.  I use an AMD 7900 graphics card, AMD 8350 CPU, and have 16GBs of ram.  I have had no problems with other graphics intensive programs.

I removed the PNW Demo, (which I should have done prior to FTX installs), and then  reinstalled Global Base, Global Vector and Trees HD.  Now, when I run FSX I have trees everywhere along with the black square objects. 

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

If you have not already done so may I recommend reading the Definitive Guide. I have attached the link for this.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74345-the-definitive-guide-to-ftx-products-the-go-to-source-of-ftx-information/page-3

May I also ask if you have installed OrbxLibs after you installed your software. If not, this could be your problem.

Kind regards

Ian

The Libs were installed and it does not make any difference.  I still have trees and black squares everywhere.  I did refer to the documentation but it says nothing about this kind of glitch.  Should I remove all of the FTX files and start over?  Could the FSX scenery files be corrupt?

Perhaps this is the answer to the black squares?

The black shapes are lights.

I will assume that you have the Direct X 10 preview

box in your display settings ticked.

If so, you can untick this box and restart FSX in Direct X 9.

If you wish to continue to use Direct X 10, you will need to

either download the free fix available at the Avsim File Library,

fie name shader_release_v3.2.3.zip or if you wish, purchase and

install the Dx10 Fixer.

https://stevesfsxana...ow-to-purchase/

I have twice tried to remove Orbx products in an attempt to get back to a clean copy of FSX.  The problem grows.  Now, the trees are so numerous on the runway, and everywhere else, FSX crashes each time I attempt to use it.  I have not used regedit to clean out the registry as the instructions from Tim Harris does not call for that.  However, it looks like that is what I will have to do.  I believe I created the original problem when I forgot to remove the FTX Demo before installing FTX Base and Vector.  I believe that is why I had both FTX Central and FTX Central2.  On each of the reinstalls of FTX Base and Vector l have the same problems with the trees being everywhere, including in the water and on the runways.  I am wondering if the FSX files are now corrupt.  Any thoughts???

I removed and reinstalled again.  Same problems.  I have FTX Central and FTX Vector Configurator on my desktop.  When I ran the orxlibs it said it would load FTX Central 2 which it did not.  If it was supposed to install, it may be because of entries in the registry indicating it is already installed(just a wild guess).  I am at a total loss now.  I cannot use FSX with or without the FTX Base and Vector. 

Is FTX Central 2 not located in Start\Orbx folder?  Have you updated all your installations?  There may be a patch/update that you might have missed.  Run FTX Central 2, go to Settings\Tools\Installed Products and it will provide you with a list with version numbers.  Check with the support page and see if you need to update anything, update and run the Orbxlibs again last:  

https://fullterrain.com/support

Here is a link to my P3D scenery.cfg with Vector and PNW installed in the correct location that you can compare your Scenery.cfg with:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4g21sew6dzeehl5/scenery.cfg?dl=0

Robert

FTX Central is not in the Start\Orbx folder.  All that is there is  FTX Central, FTX Vector Configurator and the uninstaller for OrbxFTXGlobal 1.10.  FTX Central2 did not install and I believe it is because the registry has entries indicating it is already installed.  Again, just a guess.

Could be, you can still use FTX Central though.  Did you install the correct Orbxlibs for FSX?  Let us know how you get on, in the meantime hopefully a dev will drop by again and offer some more assistance.  If you haven't already done so please read the Definitive Guide:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=19916

FTX AA ORBX LIBRARIES VER 150331 31st MARCH 2015

FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK - Version 1.30 September 2014

FTX GLOBAL VECTOR PACK - Version 1.20 October 2014

FTX NA PNW PACIFIC NORTHWEST V1.0 PATCH 008 February 2014

FTX openLC Base Region Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC Europe Region 1 (Baltics Demo) Version 1.10 - September 2013

FTX openLC North America Region 1 Version 1.00 - September 2013

FTX TREES HD VERSION 1.00 APRIL 2015

The Orbxlibs are current. Above is the list of installed components from FTX Central. I tried shutting off all of the Orbx files in the FSX scenery settings, then running FSX. I have the same tree problem.

I don't have FTX Trees, I take it they are not in and among the scenery.cfg entries otherwise they would not have been visible after you disabled all the FTX stuff in scenery.cfg.  Usually when there is an issue with say trees on a runway it is because there is a layering conflict within the scenery.cfg.

You may be able to fix the issue by using a fresh terrain.cfg, try this one from Wolter van der Spoel who is one of the moderators here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3hzij70vsvqs3so/Wolter_van_der_Spoel_Terrain.cfg?dl=0

Be sure to save your terrain.cfg before copying pasting into the FSX directory.

I can have a look at your scenery.cfg if you upload it after you have re-enabled all your FTX addons if you would like, maybe there is something we can so with that.

I installed the terrain.cfg and that resolved the trees everywhere problem.  I am now able to run in FSX in high density graphics and scenery and fly!   I still have the Direct x 10 problem with the lights however the problem with and without the Direct x 10 box checked.  I also have vehicle traffic on areas where there are no roads.  I am using a Sapphire AMD Radeon 7950 graphics card with 3 GB DDR5.  I may try to see if AMD has a fix for the Direct x 10 problem.  Thank you very much for the help.  My frustration level is now at an almost normal level.  By the way, how do you read the .cfg file?  Does it convert to a notepad file, etc.

That's awesome, glad to be reading that your issue has been resolved.  Exactly, once you open a .cfg with notepad you'll be able to open them all with a click of the mouse from now on.  There is a small section in the DX10 fixer app manual that discusses AMD cards.  Most people using the simulator platforms use nVidia cards as they provide greater flexibility for fine tuning.

Check your PM's. 

Archived