Bridge missing at EGKA

I've been using the Steam edition for a while now, but mostly "flying" in the USA to fully utilise the RNAV capabilities of the GTN 750. However I did do a flight into my home airport at Shoreham (EGKA) and was horrified to find the bridge missing of the main road(A27) to the north of the airfield. The three other bridges across the Adur are there though. There are no persons moving on the ground either. I've checked using ObjectFlowUpdate.exe that all my .dll's are there and up to date. Okay so it's not a major issue but you never know when this may be a pointer to something significant. 

I reverted back to the boxed version of FSX and everything is where it should be, only in the Steam version has the bridge gone AWOL.

NoBridgeonA27_2_web.md.jpg

NoBridgeonA277c222.md.jpg

Hi Thecanarian,

I hope that bridge isn't missing, I've got to drive over it later!!

The only thing I can think of is to try moving some of the scenery sliders to see if it reappears? Another thing to try is to run the Shoreham installer again and see if this puts it right. I've had to do this with a couple of airports in FSX:SE as it seems sometimes things don't get copied over,

Simon

Okay ..... What's the best method to uninstall and re-install these FTX packages. I've re-loaded this package twice but couldn't find an uninstall .exe. 

How do you un-install or is it just a case of deleting the folder ? :-

Well I deleted the folder ORBX\FTX_EU and reloaded England, Wales & Scotland then EGKA. With the complete set of updates and patches. And lo and behold the bridge is still MISSING !!!!

Ian : Your images are what I get in boxed FSX but in FSX-SE the bridge just isn't there, and it is still like the original images above.   

Hi

Here are the recommended settings for Shoreham and you should have yours set at these as a minimum.

Level of detail radius - Large - Reduces blurring of textures 

Global Texture Resolution - Max - Best displays photoreal textures 

Mesh Complexity - 100 - Better terrain definition 

Mesh Resolution - 5m -  5m is required for this airport scenery 

Texture Resolution - 7cm - Required for displaying the aprons in their native resolution 

Scenery Complexity -  Extremely Dense 

Autogen Density - Normal - Best FPS versus detail

Airport Vehicles - 0% - Orbx has disabled the default FSX/P3D ground vehicles at EGKA. A future upgrade will add unique animated moving GSE to the airport. 

GA AI Traffic 16 - 50% Recommended for this scenery 

Road Vehicle Traffic - 16% - No need to set higher for FTX   

Not sure what else to suggest.

Kind regards

Ian

Hi,

The A27 bridge is controlled by ObjectFlow and this may be the reason it's not appearing. Check that the ObjectFlow module is installed and working - you can confirm this by making sure there are hands on the clockface on the main terminal/tower building.

A reinstall should have fixed the problem. 

If you haven't already, I'd suggest you download and install the latest orbxlibs version which should reinstate the objectflow module if it's gone astray.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Greg

Hi Greg,
I re-loaded the latest orbxlib file and taxied round to the clock. The hands are missing !!, and so are the people. If the re-load of the orbxlibs hasn't restored the objectflow module is it possible to load it another way ?

EGKAclock.jpg

Hi,

You can force a reinstall of the objectflow module by going to your \FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery folder and running moduleinstaller.exe. This should give you a message confirming the module installation.

Make sure that when you restart FSX that allow the module to run at startup.

Cheers,

Greg 

Hi,

It's still the same after running the .exe file above. However I have studied the dll.xml file in my Roaming directories and there is a difference. Before I just take a chance and change the one in FSX-SE I'd like your input first : 

This is from ..... Roaming\Microsoft\FSX ...... date/time  stamp from running the .exe above.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_EGKA.dll</Name>
    <Disabled>False</Disabled>
    <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
    <Path>H:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGKA\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGKA.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

And this is from ... Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE......again same date/time  stamp from running as above.

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow.dll</Name>
    <Path>H:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

If it is just a case of inserting the code into the FSX-SE version of the dll.xml then :

•  Why didn't it install properly in the first place, or on re-installs ?
  •  What do I need to do with the FTX_AU version, keep it or dump it ?

My brain is beginning to hurt, but this is interesting

I do, yes, as mentioned at the start. But in separate drives. FSX-SE is installed in H:, whilst the boxed version is the standard install. I have made changes to the registry to provide the full path for any future software installs.

I think you will have to get used to copying your FSX dll.xml file from

the FSX folder to the FSX-SE folder.

As you know, there is, strictly speaking, no support for those who

wish to run both on the same PC and it is for this kind of reason.

I just copied and pasted this code into the dll.xml file in  ....\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX-SE

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>ObjectFlow_EGKA.dll</Name>
    <Path>H:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_AA_EGKA\Scenery\ObjectFlow_EGKA.dll</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>

Now Simon (aka VonClout) need have no worries about driving home, the clock now tells the time and there are people enjoying the sunshine in front of the main airport building. I know now what to look for, and where, when objects go missing.

Thanks for your help. ::)

Archived