Next Alaska region?

metalmike

Hey guys,

I know plans change often, but I did a quick google search for this and noticed a roadmap thread from 2013, in which 2015 had a new Alaska region planned. Just curious if there have been any changes in this plan? I'd love to see the real bush areas of AK covered (not that SAK doesn't cover a lot). Alaska has some of the world's most prime flying, so I'm really excited to see the area covered in whole.

Thanks,

Michael

For those interested in interior Alaska (and the Great White North) I would recommend Pete and Sid's freeware scenery for FS9. You do have to convert the AFCADs to FSX with something like AFX. But they have great coverage if you want something more than the default, although not nearly on a par with something like Orbx.

Perhaps those working on Global airports could produce a few for interior Alaska and the north slope.

Aerosoft has scenery for Fairbanks and Dutch Harbor.

Noel

Do I dare say, I am sorry to see no mention of openLC North America?

From what I recall from various posts I've read in the past several months: openLC NA is supposedly still being worked on, there have been some technical issues causing delays, apparently.  As of a few months ago, openLC NA was due this year, but of course, plans can change. Orbx wants to get openLC NA right before release.  

At least, we have upcoming regions (Socal for one) and airports to also look forward to.  :)

For those interested in interior Alaska (and the Great White North) I would recommend Pete and Sid's freeware scenery for FS9. You do have to convert the AFCADs to FSX with something like AFX. But they have great coverage if you want something more than the default, although not nearly on a par with something like Orbx.

Perhaps those working on Global airports could produce a few for interior Alaska and the north slope.

Aerosoft has scenery for Fairbanks and Dutch Harbor.

Noel

Outside SAK don't forget the very good Ultimate Alaska X scenery that covers all of Alaska, including the Aleutians. It's not Orbx region quality (it couldn't be, given the scope) but complements SAK very well, at least until we get another orbx region there. It includes almost every little airstrip, enhancing the general scenery and residential areas.

Archived