Do we still need to run Orbxlibs since FTXCentral v2 ?

Mikelab6

Since the new FTXCentral v2, I am wondering if it still needed to run it after installing an airport...

Hi Mike,

If you're using FTX Central v2, then you shouldn't need to run the Orbx Libraries again unless FTX Central notifies you that they are out of date

Are you sure about that, Ben? It's my understanding that if you DL an older scenery package that might replace some files from the newer libraries, you need to re-install the latest libraries. Why wait for FXC V2 to tell you your libraries are outdated, if, in fact, it does that after a new DL. I don't know that it does. Meanwhile you might  have some sceneries that might not work correctly. Maybe an admin will jump in here for the definitive answer but to be on the safe side I'd reload the latest libraries after a new install.

Are you sure about that, Ben? It's my understanding that if you DL an older scenery package that might replace some files from the newer libraries, you need to re-install the latest libraries. Why wait for FXC V2 to tell you your libraries are outdated, if, in fact, it does that after a new DL. I don't know that it does. Meanwhile you might  have some sceneries that might not work correctly. Maybe an admin will jump in here for the definitive answer but to be on the safe side I'd reload the latest libraries after a new install.

Ben wrote every single line of code for FTX Central, so his answer is the most definitive :)

Archived