Scenery Config error

ALF

As soon as I start FSX I get an error message that says "Scenery.cfg file error. Invalid remote scenery path in scenery area.104. Clik OK to continue."

And so after I click OK FSX initiates with no problem. I cannot perceive any problems and apparently FSX runs just fine but I would like to fix this as it is not normal.

Any help will be appreciated.

Next time you see the message, you can read what is in scenery area 104

and go to the FSX scenery library and delete the entry.

However, if the entry is FTXAA_ORBXLIBS, don't delete it, install the latest

library instead.

Thank you Nick for getting back to me. The only choice is to press OK and then FSX opens up. There is no way to see which is the problem file.

I can go to the scenery folder in the FSX directory and go to the 0104 and there are a bunch of files there but how do I know which is the problem file ?

If you read the error message, it will give you the path to the missing files,

from this you can see the name to look for in the library.

In this case, I have deliberately removed the files to generate an error

message.

I have underlined in red the path shown to the missing files.

You need to read the same part of your error message.

Untitled.jpg

If it still doesn't mean anything to you, post it here and I'll try to identify

what it is called in the scenery library.

I feel really dumb not being able to post this window here. It looks just alike, but after the scenery.cfg file error. it says "invalid remote scenery path in scenery area .0104."

Is there anywhere it gives the actual path it's trying to find?

Edit: if you open your scenery.cfg file in notepad, it should give that path at the [Area.104] entry. That will be the path it can't find, and the title will be the problem scenery.

Apparently the problem has to do with Central North America. There is a NAMC in the scenery and also a 0104, which I think is the base for the NAMC. Could it be a file that does not belong there ?

Hi there,

you haven't mentioned whether you've actually installed the Orbx Libraries yet as Nick posted in his initial reply: https://www.fullterrain.com/support#Orbxlibs

If that doesn't fix the issue then the best approach is to open your active scenery.cfg file, located in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX, in Wordpad or Notepad, and search for "Area.104". Copy & paste that block into a reply here and we can provide further assistance.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger, I checked the scenery.cfg file in wordpad and area 0104 looks like all the others same trues same falses. And yes, the orbx libraries get updated often, the most recent a few days ago well after this problem when I pirchased HD trees and Northern Rockies.

One thing though, I altered the order of the sceneries in the scenery library (leaving all the orbx and base, LC and Vector in their correct places), and only placed the latinVFR Toncontin sceneries up on top. Wth that, the scenery.cfg error message changed to area 0120 !!?

Hi there,

sorry but I can't provide any specific help unless I see what the actual block contains. The error message stems from an entry in the scenery.cfg file that no longer exists on your harddisk (or has been moved). If you copy the block underneath "Area.120" then we can find out what folder that entry points to.

Cheers, Holger

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently this issue has been resolved by doing some experimenting.

After unchecking the addon scenery box in the scenery library, the warning window goes away. I have some third party scenery installed there as well as in other place in the scenery library. I don't know why it causes the warning to go off with o ill effect.

Archived