Grass runway colour

Rimshot

Hi fellas,

Lately I have been doing a lot of flying in Orbx EU England territory in Prepar3d v2.5. There are a lot of airfields with grass runways, but the P3D default grass texture isn't green. It is as you all may know a light beige texture, as if the grass is completely withered. All the grass strips I've flown to in real life are green. As green as grass  :) Do you guys know which texture(s) I have to edit to make the grass strips green?

Really, no one knows which texture to edit to make the grass runway green, not even one of the developers lurking around here? There are quite a few textures in the Prepar3d folder with 'grass' in their name. A lot of them are Orbx textures, but I suspect I am looking for a default Prepar3d texture. In the shot below you can see what I'm talking about:

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/46U

Hi Bert,

I'm pretty sure that those default grass/dirt runway textures are part of the "runway..." .bmp/.dds files in the main \Texture folder. Not sure though which one but if you open them in DXTBmp or similar you should be able to hone down on it. It might be the runway13 or runway14 series.

Cheers, Holger

Archived