Murray Island

Thanks poppet....

I'm not doing to well..i'm trying to post a problem.  I tyried to enable and disable in the elevation configure, I'm ether in a deep hole or up in the clouds.  What am doing wrong?

p.s. Murray Island-YMUI.

Dick

Actually you should scan the Freeware Support Forum as Murray Island is freeware, not payware. I did it and found two possible reasons.

1. You should install the free Holgermesh AU, if you haven't already.

2. You should let the AEC (Airport Elevation Correction) in the Vector control panel make a scan and apply the correction for YMUI.

Hi guy's...thanks for reply's.

Vora, I tried #1 & #2 and installed the latest libraries with no luck!

I will scan the Freeware Support Forum.

Dick

Hey sidler,

Not sure if it will help, but I've experienced this a couple times in different regions since installing FTX Central v2.

When it happens, I close down my sim, open FTX Central, switch it to global, then back to whatever region I had the problem in, and it was fine afterwards.

Hope things work out.

Hi sidler,

I think you will find that YMUI Murray Island was designed for use with FSX or P3Dv1x or P3Dv2x, FTX AU Green, FTX Australia SP3 & SP4, along with Freeware Holgermesh for Australia. Do you have the required Australia region and Aussie Holgermesh?

There was a P3Dv2x V1.0 released back in March 2014, but all versions are still v1.0 and require the above pre-requisites.

Info here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/75524-ftx-ymui-murray-island-v10-for-p3d-v2/?hl=%2Bmurray+%2Bisland

As I don't know what Sim you are using you should install the appropriate YMUI for your Sim & the pre-requisites.

Remembering that if you use Global Vector to enable/Apply "Oceania region" in FTXCentral  & in FTX Vector Configurator disable the AEC (Airport Elevation Corrections) file for YMUI, for proper display. If you see trees in the sea then do this: (RE trees in the sea: Try to disable the "Frozen Surface" option in the Vector Configurator (to be found under Water Features).

I think Tim Harris was working on a "Version 2.0" of YMUI that might allow it to work with AU region or FTXGlobal /Vector - but afaik  we are still @ v1.0 YMUI. Tim's post #7 here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/87628-elevation-problems-with-murray-island-ymui/?hl=ymui

and Tim's Post #15 Here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/92275-ymui-murray-island-and-ftx-vector/?hl=ymui

This is my system...

Flight Simulator X + Accelleration

FTX Central 2

FTX Global

FTX Vector

FTX Australia sp4.003

AU Holgermesh

FTX AU Murray Island YMUI

FTX Libraries ver. 150331

Note: Oceania active in FTX Central 2.

Went to Vectoer Contral did a scan, disabled YMUI and clcked apply. Still no go...still up in the clouds!

p.s. I am using ORBXFTXYMUI100DUAL.  Should I use ver.1.0 or DUAL?

Thanks

Dick

Hi Sidler,

By "DUAL" do you mean dual installer FSX / P3D1x, The version I am using is Dated 10/03/2011 for FSX, before DUAL installers I think and even Triple Installers and for that matter P3Dv2x YMUIv1.0 .

I don't have the FTX Global Vector product, I can't think of anything else to help you, Are you using any other Mesh products like FSPilots mesh2010.

While in "Oceania Region" (Just for testing) Could you try disabling Vector via the FSX Scenery library check boxes (you can always recheck them if the test does not work),  head back out to YMUI and see how it displays. I have heard that Disabling vector while flying Australia is recommended if you have FTX Australia region. (Holger Sandmann posted a response to this issue a while back but I can't locate the Topic for a link).

Hi Dick,

Still not ideal though once you re-enable Vector, Don't forget to set FTXCentral to Global and re-run the Vector tool when you do!

Would you be able to post a few of screenshots before you re-enable Vector, one from overhead showing the island and airstrip and one showing this sloping effect of water to beach one showing a closeup approach shot. I would like to compare with my own Sim.

Hi Dick,

The pictures in your Post #14 show the island and areas surrounding the airfield nearly normal, but I see what you mean about water climbing the beaches, it almost looks as though the island is rising up from the surrounding sea floor. There is also some water tanks on a raised patch of land in shot #3 mine is on normal terrain slope, also the dirt road above is a lot more wonky and steep than mine. Your Global lights are showing on during the day (scratches head)!!  We are talking FSX boxed version aren't we?

In your Post #15 The water on the beaches surrounding the island features and airstrip looks more the way it's supposed to be. Did you do make any other adjustments to achieve this better outcome. But I still see your Global lights on during daytime. 

Archived