Global openLC Europe not showing in FTX Central v2

I purchased, downloaded, and installed Global openLC Europe over 05/02 - 05/05. Install seemed normal and at the end of each of the 4 regions old FTX Central popped up. I used old FTX central to get the instructions .pdf and ran FTX Central for Global activation for each region. When I ran FTX Central v2 it did not show anything about openLC Europe on the main page. However openLC Europe was shown when I ran the Installed Products tool on the FTX Central V2 Global Settings page. I ran both Troubleshhoting tools on the settings page with no result.

Is this what is supposed to happen?

Steve

That's fine Steve and is as it should be. Open LC is part of the Global range of products (Global, Vector, Open LC) and is used when you select Global in FTX Central.

Cheers

Stu

Hi Bruce

You're absolutley right! I just got home and checked and yes it should indeed be visible on your Global page in FTX Central. I'm sorry for the misinformation Steve, could have sworn that it wasn't there before! I think I was perhaps thinking of FTX Central v1. In version 2 though, it should be there as Bruce says.

Cheers

Stu.

I tried the resync troubleshooting tool per Bruce's suggestion. It ran but did not make any difference in the list of Global products on main V2 page

I clicked on the Show More Global Products choice and openLC Europe is shown on the Uninstalled Products listed.

Do I need to perhaps need to reinstall openLC Europe?

Thanks,

Steve

It sounds like that might be the best option under the circumstances. Can you see the files installed in your FSX\ORBX\FTX_OLC folder? If I look at the Properties oif that folder I can see I have 18.8gb of files in there. What do you have?

I tried the resync troubleshooting tool per Bruce's suggestion. It ran but did not make any difference in the list of Global products on main V2 page

I clicked on the Show More Global Products choice and openLC Europe is shown on the Uninstalled Products listed.

Do I need to perhaps need to reinstall openLC Europe?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve

Have you updated OpenLC to v1.15 (there are 2 patches to install)??

OpenLC Europe doesn't show in FTX Central v2 until its patched upto date for some reason (personally don't see FTX Central v2 as anything other than a beta right now - too many "missing" parts for me right now)!?!

Try that first....might save some hair-tearing!!

Regards

Steve

OpenLC Europe doesn't show in FTX Central v2 until its patched upto date for some reason (personally don't see FTX Central v2 as anything other than a beta right now - too many "missing" parts for me right now)!?!

Hi Steve,

I'm curious, which parts are missing from FTX Central v2? If there's something I've unintentionally missed, I'll be happy to add it back in.

Well, two things I might point to are the fact that it doesn't tell you that you need to update the Europe LC files before it will show you that they are installed, and in a perfect world when it DOES tell you that there is an update available for a file clicking on "update" would lead directly to the download.

But it is on the whole a wonderful upgrade from v1.

Hi Steve,

I'm curious, which parts are missing from FTX Central v2? If there's something I've unintentionally missed, I'll be happy to add it back in.

Ben

Sorry didn't mean that to be as definitive as it sounds!!!

What I meant was with this issue not being immediately obvious, the lights issue not being resolved yet, the lack of a Hybrid tick box with the Iceland demo, and the fact that we can't yet uninstall Central v1 it still has a "beta feel" as little bugs are still there.

v2 certainly looks and feels better and the sooner I (we) can all migrate fully on to it the better.

Regards

Steve

Archived