NA AI GA Traffic not showing up in FSX

I was wondering if perhaps you could be a little more vague with that location description of the user manual. WHAT DOCUMENTS!  Those kind of backward slashes are for a local drive not a website location.  The IA User manual is NOT included in the zip file download, not even in the 2 updates that follow it.  It's not on the internet anywhere to be found and after about an hour of my life looking for it on the Orbx website, I give up.  I just wonder why a company would create a product and then not provide any documentation on how to use the darn thing.

Oh yea, same problem here.  No IA aircraft anywhere.  Do we have to flip a switch somewhere?  Do we need to install 7 time and twice on Sunday to get it to work?  What???  Where is the fricken manual???

Chip C,

I, too, have the same problem with NA IA. Have tried every suggestion I could find in various forums, with no success, so I figure it's a configuration problem I'm too dumb to rectify. I therefore deleted the NA AI and went back to default AI. The product manuals referenced by Holger can be found in the ORBX/user documents subdirectory in your FSX directory. It has all the manuals/documents for each ORBX product you have downloaded. It did not help me, other than finding out how to uninstall it, but I figure it's no great loss not having it as it was free anyway. I can only presume it is some kind of conflict with FSX SE. At any rate, good luck with it and if you manage to fix it please post your findings.

I was wondering if perhaps you could be a little more vague with that location description of the user manual. WHAT DOCUMENTS!  Those kind of backward slashes are for a local drive not a website location.  The IA User manual is NOT included in the zip file download, not even in the 2 updates that follow it.  It's not on the internet anywhere to be found and after about an hour of my life looking for it on the Orbx website, I give up.  I just wonder why a company would create a product and then not provide any documentation on how to use the darn thing.

Oh yea, same problem here.  No IA aircraft anywhere.  Do we have to flip a switch somewhere?  Do we need to install 7 time and twice on Sunday to get it to work?  What???  Where is the fricken manual???

Chill out, man.  The manual is right where Holger said it was.  Did you bother to look?  It's not on-line, it's in the ORBX folder in your FSX folder.

First, find the directory where you installed FSX, for example it might be "C:\FSX".

Then add the path that Holger provided, so that you are now at, say, ":C:\FSX\ORBX\User Documents"

The manual should be in that folder, along with all your other Orbx manuals.

• 2 weeks later...

Chip C,

I, too, have the same problem with NA IA. Have tried every suggestion I could find in various forums, with no success, so I figure it's a configuration problem I'm too dumb to rectify. I therefore deleted the NA AI and went back to default AI. The product manuals referenced by Holger can be found in the ORBX/user documents subdirectory in your FSX directory. It has all the manuals/documents for each ORBX product you have downloaded. It did not help me, other than finding out how to uninstall it, but I figure it's no great loss not having it as it was free anyway. I can only presume it is some kind of conflict with FSX SE. At any rate, good luck with it and if you manage to fix it please post your findings.

So after adjusting my glasses and doing more digging, I found that my problem was I was not in an ORBX region while trying to use NA AI. After feeling a bit foolish for trying my hand at speed-reading I went back and reloaded NA AI, removed a conflicting Gulfstream AI that was cancelling everything, and got my default AI back at my home field of Savannah, GA. Rechecked at some airfields in PNW and California and found the NA AI back in action. Just a trial and error episode for a fairly new flight simmer. Maybe someone could tell me how to put some static Gulfstream jets at the addon facility at KSAV that won't override my default AI. Tried the AIFP program, but could only use one or the other AI, not both. Probably something pretty easy to remedy, so maybe someone here could point me in the right direction.

On a side-note, I have to say I truly enjoy ORBX products and these forums. Found a LOT of helpful info by reading (slowly now) these posts. Good to be here!

Maybe someone could tell me how to put some static Gulfstream jets at the addon facility at KSAV that won't override my default AI. Tried the AIFP program, but could only use one or the other AI, not both. Probably something pretty easy to remedy, so maybe someone here could point me in the right direction.

Static Gulfstreams?  How about ones that fly? 

There's a 4 part download that will add close to 400 G-IV's as AI to your sim. It works in P3d just as well as it does in FSX and FS9. You will have to use AIFP to convert the flightplan bgl to FSX format so that your other AI files will still show up.

>http://http://2015-5-21_11-12-6-450_zpsgbfz45wi.jpg

Thanks for the response Dave_YVR. It just goes to show that great minds think alike. Your suggestion is precisely what I've been working on the last few hours.  It was a successful endeavor, and all systems are a go. It was just what I was looking for minus the static part.  Thanks again.

Archived