JAckson Hole and vector

frester

I run Jackson Hole with only Global and UTX USA and it works fine with no issues. I know it's designed to be used with CRM installed but I didn't really have any use for the region since I just fly to Jackson Hole, but after months of using it like this I have not had any problems using it as a stand alone airport.

G'day Frester,

As Stewart mentions, CRM is the base product that KJAC is designed to work with. KJAC will most likely work without it, but there will be a couple of side-issues to expect:

1. The edges of the KJAC coverage area won't seamlessly blend into the surrounding terrain (colour mismatches etc). 

2. KJAC utilises the 10m high resolution mesh shipped with CRM - without it you will see either the default mesh or any other global mesh you may have installed. 

3. Road AI traffic (even with Vector installed) may not exactly line up with the KJAC roads. 

4. Possible autogen issues

I haven't personally tested KJAC with only Vector/Global installed, my recommendation would be to pick up a copy of CRM if you can afford it (especially whilst it's on sale) - it's one of my favourite regions and will give you plenty more detailed scenery to explore from KJAC. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived