A bit of Island hopping

First off, Swan Island.  The only thing on it, this lighthouse;

Posted Image

Then on to Clarke Island.  Rather glad I haven't got wheels, it doesn't look too appetizing down there;

Posted Image

Cape Barren has something on there and that's where it should be but I've been round the Island twice and followed the road to nowhere but I can't see a strip anywhere;

Posted Image

Gotta watch out for the boat, they have a habit of turning round for no apparent reason

Posted Image

Well, I managed to get to a nice calm sheltered spot but now I'm up the creek! ;D

Posted Image

John

Thank you ImageShack but you're definitely getting worse in the afternoons!

I "dropped in" to Clarke Island a couple of weeks back. http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=10728.0 It's a nice little strip, but definitely a bit rough if you don't have wheels!  :D The strip on Cape Barren Island is just a landclass cutout - there's no photo backing. But it's got some hangars and a few local ressies, and bits & bobs. It's near the hills on the North West edge of the island. Easy to spot in Google Earth - there's lots of land clearance nearby,

Posted Image

I'll try that again then thanks Tim.  I hate not being able to find a place nowadays. Should have Googled it first I suppose because my road map was useless, just a blob of white space!  I used the OZx directions but I wasn't coming from where they said so I was on a loser anyway! ;D  Funny thing was I had convinced myself it was on the coast, so I must admit that's mainly where I was concentrating on.

John

I used the OZx directions

That'll be where I went wrong then! I didn't follow any directions - I was just flying up to Flinders Island and spotted them on the way. Several others I spotted heading back South... It's a lot more fun I think when you just discover them out of the blue!  ;D

Archived