Trees and houses - autogen issue on airports

st1322

Hello,

I have a problem with autogen popping out in wrong places on some airports. Just to name a few: EBBR, KLAS, KMEM. Those are stoc FSX airports, no changes to them. The problem is that the whole airport is full of autogen trees and houses on them.

What is the problem and how to solve it?

I have:

FTX Global

FTX Vector

FTX Open LC Europe

FS Global 2010 with supplement to make it work with FTX.

Please help.

Tom

Done. So, now lets get to business. Any ideas how to apporach this? I had this problem for long and the reason for reporting now is that I simply avoided thos airports. Now I'd like to fly here and there and problem needs to be solved.

Ok, here are the five basics I do after every scenery addition or change. Lets start there. :)

1. Set FTX Central to Global and put a check in the Hybrid mode box, then click "Apply"

2. Make sure mesh resolution is set at 5m.

3. Reinstall the latest Orbx libs.

4. Do a scenery cache flush.

5. Run the Auto AEC tool in Vector after every scenery change. Be sure to click "Apply"

Hi,

1, 2, 3, 5 - done. Point 4 is not available in Ftx Central 2.

Now, believe it or not but EBBR is SOLVED. KLAS, KMEM and KDFW is not. Still filled with autogen on the Tarmac and runways...

What can we do next?

Hi there,

autogen "encroachment" indicates that the respective airport's background (grass) polygon is either missing or being excluded by a third-party add-on.

In terms of Vector it uses separate files to alter elevation, draw that background polygon, and place runways/taxiways, etc. Thus, you'd typically have three files per airport, for example:

AEC_KMEM.bgl

ABP_KMEM.bgl

APT_KMEM.bgl

The first sits in \FTX_VECTOR_AEC\scenery and the other two in \FTX_VECTOR_APT\scenery

I'd suggest searching \ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\ for the ICAO of the affected airport to check whether the files are present and not set to "inactive". 

Cheers, Holger

Gentlemen,

Thanks for quick feedback. Holger, I did exactly as you said and indeed KLAS was there and set as inactive. I renamed it to bgl and voila... KLAS is up and running good :)

I assume KDFW will be the same.

KMEM - this is a tough cookie. Files are present and not set to inactive. Any thoughts?

Hi again,

I changed KLAS and it was working. Then I run Auto Configuration tool and it went back to Inactive and problem re-occurred again. What can I do to avoid doing it back and forth?

Here is screenshot of the problem with KMEM:

KMEM.jpg

Hi there,

Vector's AEC tool will only deactivate airports for which it finds active add-on files, be they stand-alone or as part of an AI traffic package. If you didn't deliberately install add-ons for KLAS or KMEM then run a Windows search of your entire FSX folder tree for .bgl files with their ICAO as part of the file name; doing so should give you the folder paths in which the third-party files reside.

Cheers, Holger

Hi,

I have Mytraffic 6. This ai package has airports in its scenery but I have deactivated both KLAS and KMEM over there. They still exist but not as bgl files. Could this be the case?

Another example - from the past. Avsim user Ray Smith creates nice afcads for stock airports. Not changing much, yet still I remember that once I installed his KLAS and KMEM afcads I had problems with autogen on the airports. Is there anyway I can avoid this problems? What could be the problem that causes it?

Hi there,

I'm not sure whether Vector would also detect inactive (=renamed extension) .bgl files in an active scenery folder. You could try moving the KLAS and KMEM files from the scenery subfolder to its parent folder and then running the AEC tool again.

Normally, a replacement airport should include a complete set of features, meaning runways/taxiways/aprons/buildings etc. but also background grass polygon and main platform flatten. If that's the case then the add-on should work as expected (= with the Vector version deactivated via the AEC tool). If, however, the add-on doesn't include its own grass polys and flattens, which are globally excluded by Vector, then you'll have the issue with autogen incursion and elevation issues. You can then use the AEC tool to reactivate the corresponding airport in Vector (and save the profile) but that will only work if the Vector and third-party elevations match.

Cheers, Holger   

Hi Holger,

Thank you for answer. Actually before you replied I did what you instructed in previous post. Now, everything is up and running as it should be. Setting airports to passive solves the case

Now, I took a look at your further answer. I think I'll test the case where I reactivate the airport via Vector and save the profile. If I understand it right, I can simply add airports with changed AFCAD to the profile and activate each time Vector runs. Correct? And lastly, to activate meant to include it or exclude it?

Regards,

Tom

• 10 months later...

Hi Holger,

I am back with the problem... however this time in... Prepar3d v3. Ok, so I was able to cure my problem is the past with FSX. However, when I looked for correct active/inactive airports in the VEctor folders, I noticed that...they dont exist there? What is the problem? This time my issue is with AFCAD EDDF, where 3rd runway is added.

Tom

Archived