Textures

I had written in the FTX support forum about Spring textures at certain airports being white or a pale sandy colour around the non tarmac areas of some airports. I now see there is an OLC forum so will slightly repeat my query here!

Innsbruk in spring: the ground is white/pale yellow. Is this anything to do with OLC? (see pic)

There are other airports similar. It was the same at Keflavik, but now suddenly it has changed back to grass as it should be !

When I installed OLC I noticed that there were some textures installed into Scenery folder of P3D. I think it was scenery\global or scenery\world (not too sure as it was a last minute observation by me) before it started installing into OLC itself. What went into that folder in Scenery? There was no option to "back-up" as there was with FTX Global Base where textures were being overwritten.

I am asking if the white/sandy yellow ground textures in Spring are anything to do with OLC or was it like that with the default P3D textures before any Global or OLC installation?

many thanks

post-3131-0-40422800-1429860874_thumb.jp

Hi Sylvain. No not just the airports but also the scenery in towns. I have a snapshot of just outside Florence airport and much of the cityscape is full of white patches. I want to attach the picture to show you what I mean because it is not right at all. How do I attach the picture as i see no option to do that here, only if you start a new topic do i see an "Attach" option. I need you to see it so I am opening a new topic labelled Sylvain and will attach the picture.

Yes I am in Global on P3D

post-3131-0-73590600-1429875632.jpg

Ok my fault I do know what you mean!

LAT N43 deg 47.05

LON E11 deg 16.21

Open FTX Central and switch from Global to a region and then back to Global hitting Apply each time. After that install the latest libraries from here https://www.fullterrain.com/support#orbxlibs

If it does not help, try switching hybrid mode on/off.

Thanks for your help sir. I did what you said and yes it has improved greatly. The white have now become a very light tan colour, far more realistic although if i was being "picky" I would say that in reality it probably should be a very pale green representing grass that has suffered a harsh winter. Grass does not really die completely unless it is burnt during very hot summers. Anyway I am a lot happier. Attaching a couple of pics to show the difference. 1st is Florence and 2nd is Innsbruk as now being displayed.

post-3131-0-18196700-1429946616_thumb.jp

post-3131-0-84256900-1429946693_thumb.jp

Still not the normal textures. It seems your town textures do not fit the surrounding textures.

If you fly in a global region outside OLC Europe do you still have the problem? If all the global textures fit well together outside Europe I suspect your OLC Europe installation is not correct. You could try reinstalling OLC EU over the top.

I was just going to write when I saw your last post. There is still something not correct. I went back to Keflavik this morning and if I reset to system time (Spring) I again get whitish non tarmac sections, whereas after i did what you said (change region apply etc) it went pale green. Today I also tried around the world. Balikpapan in Indonesia and Trinidad. Both had many white areas in the towns. I think that answers your question about outside of Europe.

All my pics are when flying in Global. Am I supposed to change to Europe if I fly in Europe in non FTX scenery? I change to Europe only when I fly Scotland, Ireland, Northern Ireland which are all FTX? Whatever the answer is I still get weird whitish texture both in Europe and outside as per my Indonesia and Trinidad observations.

Had my downloads of Global Base and OLC not have been complete I assume that the install would not have completed properly.

Can you confirm this, or should I just try a complete reinstal of both. I have also just bought and installed Vector plus Libraries.

I am still downloading Global base as i cannot find my original download and at 200kbps download speed it takes forever. Anyway i am hoping a new install will prove to be a fix. I am attaching a pic of my view of Cairo versus the Orbx pic of Cairo in the Gloobal Base product page. You can see the huge difference. I know this is not OLC but I do not want to start another topic so the forum chiefs can move this topic if required. My distant scenery only starts appearing as I move closer so I will have this strange white distant view until I get nearer then the textures start appearing.

My central active region is Global. My library insertion points are correct with FTX addons above OLC and Vector way down the scenery library as inserted by Central on installation. My autogen is on very dense. The season is Spring (todays date).

As you can see my view in P3D of cairo is no where near that of the FTX Global base product picture.

Global Base does not add a scenery library insertion does it, because it is not in my Scenery library?

post-3131-0-85829600-1430037885_thumb.jp

Archived