Thought ORBX created this

ewa121

Central Rockies in North America, I`ve seen these sceneries in there and now this Rikoo is taking it and making it his, I find this really annoying

Annoying? This is freeware, most likely made from the same public-domain USGS satellite imagery. There is absolutely no foul play here.

No developer has exclusive rights to any of the raw satellite images used in their scenery. In fact, you can go download satellite images from the USGS website right now (only covers the US), make scenery, add autogen/buildings, and distribute it as freeware or payware.

Hi guys,

Bladderboy and Dieter are both correct.

We featured this same area in our CRM regionpack, however photoreal is not an exclusive 'item', and anyone with the tools, skills and determination can also make photoreal

Rikoooo made the installer only.  If you added many freeware aircraft to fs9, the name Rikoooo should start to ring a bell.  I think a number of Milton Shupe aircraft used this installer.

I downloaded all of Blue Sky California, and tried it.  It's photoreal, with all of the advantages and disadvantages.  Before Orbx NCA Gold, they had the best Yosemite Valliey I've seen.  It doesn't suprise me their "Craters of the Moon" looks pretty awesome.

But, of course, now that I have NCA Gold and freeware Yosemite Valley, I can't possibly go back to Blue Sky.  Blue Sky is great (and free), but they ain't 3D, and they ain't anywhere near to Orbx.

Archived