Fltsimstore Orbx Specials.

Dadtom65

Hi Guys and Gals. Can you help me. Have emailed Fltsimstore but no reply yet. When I saw some specials on said store had a look and decided to get some NA America Airpotrs the DVDs ones. The instructions said you will pay for the DVDs boxes then the downloads will be free. I thought it was just a way to clear the DVDs. Great have some of that, got about 12 Airports then when I got to the final checkout and just about to pay and noticed that there was a postage payment of about 60 dollars besides the actual payment for the airports. Nearly had a heart attack. I don't whant the boxes, besides what's the point when they are a download. Is this right. Anybody else had this. Thanks Derek.

There is a DVD (boxed) version and the download(option for backup dvd) version. If you where going to download why did you opt for the DVD version? Of course the DVD version will incur a shipping charge that is standard practise based on weight, size and location.

It's 20 AUD P&P for up to three boxes and I doubt you can save much, when compared to the download versions.

Is there an authorized ORBX vendor in the U.K. who is running a box clearout sale, maybe? (We have two of those here in Germany, BTW.)

EDIT: Shipping cost Aerosoft.com

http://en.shop.aerosoft.com/eshop.php?action=news_detail&news_id=44&shopfilter_category=Flight%20Simulation&s_design=DEFAULT&s_language=english&PHPSESSID_aerosoft_esales=vtcij9fnt3a12fmndr5m07vie7

Flightandfun.de do not mention the U.K., but they do mention shipping to Ireland (you could enquire about shipping to the U.K. at FuF):

http://flightandfun.de/Versandkosten

Many boxes may have sold out already, though.

The prices are that low because the DVDs are clearing out, since Orbx does not produce them anymore. If you are simply purchasing the DVD version just to get the download, and not shipping the DVDs (along with paying the charge to do so), then they aren't clearing anything out, so it kind of defeats the purpose of the low prices  ::) .

The boxes are great for FSX-MS users living in the same country as the vendor. But worldwide air mail doesn't make much sense for box clearouts (think of all the wasted fuel!). As a P3D/FSX-SE user you'd also easily end up burying the boxes in your nearest desert yourself.

Hmm...

12 DVDs @$5.95ea + $60 = $131.40 versus 12 Online @ $29.95ea = $359.40

A saving of $228 unless my maths is wrong. Sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

Hi Ed 

Your calculation is right, I have bought more than 20 special price DVDs even the postage is high to Hong Kong, but the special arrangement of changing DVD to download version is quite generous from FSS because they do not charge you anymore. It is hard to find any other seller like that. 

So Dadtom65 you are a lucky guy as you save a lot of money.

Archived