FTX Trees Installed But Not Working in FSX Steam Edition

Hello.  I am looking for help.  I purchased and installed this product today.  However, despite installation, I see no difference in the tree textures in FSX.  It's like I never installed the product.  Is this a compatibility issue or something else?

Hello.  I am looking for help.  I purchased and installed this product today.  However, despite installation, I see no difference in the tree textures in FSX.  It's like I never installed the product.  Is this a compatibility issue or something else?

Hi jazzman878,

Do you have any other Orbx products? Or just FTX Trees HD?

Also, can you please verify that the following directory exists: FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXTreesHD.

I apologize if this post seems simplistic, but I am getting frustrated that I cannot notice a difference anywhere in the default world with respect to the HD trees that I should see.  I appreciate any help that you or anyone else can provide.

John:

Thanks for the response.  I did read the documentation, and I followed the installation instructions.  Nothing changed.  I am stumped.

If the 'FTXTreesHD' directory exists, then you can use the manual installation instructions:

1. Copy the files inside FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXTreesHD\custom.ftx_off to FSX\Scenery\Global\texture. Click "yes" when it asks you to overwrite.
  2. Copy the files inside FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXTreesHD\ORBX_AGN_New\Texture to FSX\Scenery\Global\texture. Click "yes" when it asks you to overwrite.
  3. Copy the files inside FSX\ORBX\Scripts\FTXTreesHD\ORBX_AGN_New\Scenery to FSX\Scenery\Global\scenery. Click "yes" when it asks you to overwrite.

After that has been done, you should definitely be seeing the FTX Trees HD textures inside the simulator. Let me know how if the above works

Archived