New computer

endothadius

Hi - I've been making some pretty significant 'investments' into my Orbx world and intend to make more. I have a pretty meh computer (2.4ghz) and am planning an upgrade. Can I just confirm for peace of mind that I'll be able to re-download my orbx products from flightsimstore and install on my next computer after I replace this one (e.g. from a license, installation, support perspective)?

Thanks

Ted

move all your installers to an external...My internet is slower then death so i avoid having to redownloading things if at all possible..

Why not just replace a couple of parts, like your motherboard and processor?  Save you downloading everything again...

IT always starts like that, then its a new power supply to feed it all and some more ram just because, and while its all apart lets throw in some water cooling and a new video card...and a couple ssds just for good measure!

...then its a new power supply to feed it all and some more ram just because, and while its all apart lets throw in some water cooling and a new video card...and a couple ssds just for good measure!

Yes, but you do it as you can afford it, and you end up with a system built the way you want it, and not just something you grabbed off the shelf at Wal-Mart.

Okay - so for a non-tech savvy guy like myself, does that mean just copy my fsx folder w/add-ons onto an external and onto my next system?

I'm rationalising spending a lot of money on a new system by deciding not to spend 20k getting a private license... I'm not sure if the logic is there but hopefully it's good enough

Okay - so for a non-tech savvy guy like myself, does that mean just copy my fsx folder w/add-ons onto an external and onto my next system?

I'm rationalising spending a lot of money on a new system by deciding not to spend 20k getting a private license... I'm not sure if the logic is there but hopefully it's good enough

I don't think that will work.  Moving to an external and then back to a new system ignores the fact that there are no registry entries for your FSX folder and its addons, since your new system has a brand new registry.  If you had FSX installed on its own drive, that would be different.  Sorry for the bad news!  :mellow:

Hi Ted,

If you've already got the installers downloaded you'll be set to go. Otherwise you can download them all again from FSS. Make sure you've got your registration keys on hand as well. Beside that it should all go ok.

Cheers,

Alex

Archived