I need reassurance please...

Raif

Hello..

I'm slowly getting used to the wonderful orbx world. I've managed to download some freeware, and the products are excellent. Thank you. I've hit a small snag though and I need some confirmation re: installation. I don't think for a second the problems are related to the quality of your products, it's either me installing them incorrectly or my set up not being adequate for the task in hand

The first issue I've got relates to YLMT and Holgermesh. The area seems flooded!  :mellow: please see attached: 

YMLTandHolgermeshAUScenery.jpg

I'll happily share screenshots of how my FTX Central looks if it helps..hopefully the image has worked too  :mellow:

Thanks for your time re this query..

Raif

Hi again John...

Well, had a look and came across this fix from Holgar: 'Resolving rapid ground texture "morphing"' Basically, it involved copying the 'terrain.cfg and replacing it wit ha copy of the original...Restarting FTX central and cycling through the options...Sadly, no joy.

Should've mentioned earlier, that I'm getting Black squares in my Iceland Demo too.  

FTXCentralpage.jpg 

This is how my FTX Central looks. I'm beginning to think I'm doing something wrong here..Sorry to be a pain. 

Thanks again 

Raif 

hmmm... I'm not an expert on the various freeware packs etc and how much they affect default scenery.  Looks like you've loaded up every bit of freeware that ORBX offer.

My first suggestion is to untick all of the freeware sceneries in the Scenery Library and see if default is working well, then one by one try the sceneries with Tasmania loaded.  

If one of them is not really designed to act alone (such as AYPY Emo) then that might be your culprit.  The other problem might be in folder permissions, a search might throw some light there too.

Are you running any of the Orbx payware, such as Vector of any of the landclasses? I have never seen this sort of problem with the Tassie freeware. Teecee

PS: I am not a "techie" but you appear to be a little light in RAM? But I may be wrong.

Hello All,,

THankfully, this is now resolved. Basically. I had YMLT in, but the rest of the scenery from 'FTXAU Blue,' somehow hadn't loaded. Did another download and voila..As usual a brilliant scenery from ORBX: Here's the proof:

shot3.jpg

The good thing 'bout this is that my PC can just handle it..time to get the credit card out  ::)

Thank you to all those that helped with this. Especially 'teecee'

Best Wishes

Raif

Archived