Flagstaff on a plateau.

In pack 11 Flagstaff was included as one of the airports. Is there a fix for it being on a plateau? I have mesh at 5m, running FTX Glbal and no other mesh. Current library installed. Do not have Vector. I did install the Orbx free AI package for NA the other day if that could have anything to do with it...Also just installed Sedona.

2015-4-6_15-54-47-440.png2015-4-6_15-54-57-535.png

Try disabling the FS Global 2010 North America mesh entry in the scenery library... The default mesh for North America is pretty good on it's own but due to increased accuracy, it has been known to cause some plateaus at airports...

Try disabling the FS Global 2010 North America mesh entry in the scenery library... The default mesh for North America is pretty good on it's own but due to increased accuracy, it has been known to cause some plateaus at airports...

I don't have FS Global 2010. I don't have any mesh installed.

G'day DoubleJ,

What you are seeing is the combination of the freeware Flagstaff airport and the high resolution mesh included with Sedona (which extends north past Humphries Peak). Neil and Todd would have correctly designed their airport flattens to blend to the default mesh, not the newer 10m Sedona DEM. We'll look into a fix for this in a future update, thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

• 1 month later...

G'day DoubleJ,

What you are seeing is the combination of the freeware Flagstaff airport and the high resolution mesh included with Sedona (which extends north past Humphries Peak). Neil and Todd would have correctly designed their airport flattens to blend to the default mesh, not the newer 10m Sedona DEM. We'll look into a fix for this in a future update, thanks for bringing it to our attention. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Any word on an update yet?

• 2 weeks later...

The Flagstaff mesh issue has been fixed and should be available in the next freeware packs update.

Cheers,

Todd

I've downloaded and installed the latest pack ran the libraries. Flagstaff is fixed but the rest of the strips I listed in this thread are still on plateaus. Any way of fixing those?

P32 Clark Memorial, AZ77 Sunrise Ranch, AZ43 Sunrise Ranch, 48AZ Rimrock and 19AZMontezuma

Hi Double J

The rest of the airports on your list are not airports we have revised so there is nothing we can do the fix them.  You will have to  use the Vector Configurator to remove the  plateau or download Airport Design Editor (it's free) and do the changes yourself.  Should you need help please contact me via the Messenger icon (envelope at the to of this page).

Cheers, Neil

Hi Double J

The rest of the airports on your list are not airports we have revised so there is nothing we can do the fix them.  You will have to  use the Vector Configurator to remove the  plateau or download Airport Design Editor (it's free) and do the changes yourself.  Should you need help please contact me via the Messenger icon (envelope at the to of this page).

Cheers, Neil

Neil, when I disable KSEZ (paid) version those airstrips are flat just like before I purchased KSEZ .Check KSEZ in the library and they are pushed up onto plateaus. I don't have Vector and never needed it before so I don't understand why I should have to use it now.

Hi Double D

The  mesh  Jarrad added as part of his KSEZ extends under those airports so I suppose the only solution is to have either Jarrad remove the mesh from that area or to add "flattens" (Like we did) using ADE. 

Cheers, Neil

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi Double J,

Here are files that should fix the elevation issues you see with the four airports effected by the KSEZ mesh.  Unzip the folder and place the 8 files into your ORBX/FTX_NA/FTX_AA_KSEZ/Scenery folder.  19AZ is still on somewhat of a plateau but I believe it is in real life as well.  Please let me know if this takes care of your issues.

Cheers, Neil

Sedona misc arpt files.zip

Archived