Keeping up-to-date with Freeware

I want to make sure I am up-to-date with Freeware on this site.

But I am not sure where/how I can check for changes.

I see posts in this forum saying the the Freeware FTX Global Packs have been updated. But somewhat confusingly the page with the packs download doesn't show any date or version (as is clearly shown on Payware downloads)

I also see that some docs relating to the new Freeware are in the General disccusions forum.

I am grateful to all the authors of Freeware and I am sure they want their work to be well know.

Is there a routine for notifying the group of any new Freeware?

Also I find it very useful to have a map of the Freeware and I see there is a recently updated Google Earth display.

Appreciating that it requires someone to do the work, but will a new map be available with each update?

Thanks

Nigel

This is NOT a perfect solution, maybe not even good,  but it works for me. When I visit the ORBX Forum, I go to the Community Scenery Addons thread http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/forum/165-community-scenery-addons/and look at the date of the first posting of a topic and usually I can find new scenery add-ons or updated versions.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

Hi guys,

The new FTX Central will notify users of updates to Orbx created freeware as Bruce said (e.g. the Global Freeware airport packs). In fact, if you are using the new FTX Central v2 you can download and install the freeware airport packs from within FTX Central (so no need to visit the website). You can learn more about this feature here.

However, at this stage it will not provide update services for addons created by the community (i.e. addons that are in the Community Scenery Addons subforum).

Hi Guy's,

Concerning the freeware packs.  Those that are supplying the freeware pack airports provide me with any updates, which I include in the airport uploads to Ed.  Therefore any updates/corrections are automatically included when the overall pack is updated..

Cheers, Neil

Archived