Support / Need help?

I just bought ORBX Pacific Northwest right after downloading the free trial version. Was blown away!! Amazing!! Anyway the trial ran fine. However when I purchased the NW I had all kinds of issues downloading and putting it on. Yes...I used the uninstaller. I actually went as far to wipe my whole computer and do a system reset. I downloaded it with no issues and it seemed to go onto FSX without issue. However when I start FSX (Steam Edition) I get the following error: "scenery.cfg file error local scenery directory (ORBX/FTX_AU/FTXAA_ORBXLIBS/SCENERY in scenery area.127 not found". Please someone help!! What is this issue?? Thanks so much!!

I did. Now...didn't get the error but the scenery is still default. Not showing. I went and picked North America too. Idk what is going on very frustrated. Does it matter the order I do. Libraries then download or download then libraries? Still not working

Ii think the best answer is to start with a new installation of FSX-SE and not try a dual installation with FSX.  If you do that, there is no problem with the software looking at two configurations on two paths, FSX and FSX-SE.  On an install of FSX-SE only, the installation path is FSX, not FSX-SE, and the applications only have one path to follow.  I was having a similar problem and solved it with a new installation of FSX-SE on a new PC using Windows 8.1.  The only problem I have seen is that FTX Australia has an old ORBX Library that generates an error message.  As stated on another post, if you click Yes to run the library there is no problem with the sim.  I have been getting another message which says there is a new version of ObjectFlow and asking if I want to install it.  I click yes, restart FSX-SE and fly.  Some of the older FTX airports install old ORBX Libraries that revert the path back to FSX for FTX Central.  When that happened I ran the latest library and manually corrected the path in the FSX-SE ORBX folder.  If you only have FSX-SE installed the old Library path files work because the path is FSX, not FSX-SE.

Archived