new computer

Daveroo

Hello all,

i have quite a few ORBX products install on my old machine..when i begin loading the new one,will i have to buy them all over again?...the IP address should be the same as the old one?

bottomline.are they one computer only ? i will delete every thing FSX from this pc and install "over there".

If you didn't save the original zip files (you should have...), you can go to your account at FSS and download them all over again.  No charge.  But this time save your scenery on an external HDD.  With your new machine you will have to supply your order information again, so save that stuff too.  I went through this about two months ago.  Trust me--it's 10 times easier if you have saved all that stuff on a HDD.

Stew

You could pull your HD out of the old PC and use a docking station. They're cheap. The old OS on it won't mess with your new OS. You can transfer your files to the new PC or just .exe from the old HD.

Thanks for your posts guys..i did in fact save them all to external HD,no problems there....what im wondering is does FTX/orbx have computer specific ids or anything?

Since you will be changing computers, you will have to supply the FSS #, date, and registration key when you reinstall your sceneries onto the new rig.

Archived