A new computer for FSX-SE

I have just bought a new computer and installed FSX-SE onto it. I have ORBX scenery on my old computer which is running FSX. This is my question. Can I install the ORBX scenery into the new computer without destroying my copy of FSX on the old computer as I am leery to give up a working (sort of) flight simulator while I rebuild a new one. I don't want to have to re-purchase the scenery again, but if I remove it from the old computer and the new computer does not give me the same performance I would have to start rebuilding the old computer with FSX all over again.

Just do it, you will be blown away with the result. For a complete package grab the DX10 fixer and you have instant shadows and light bloom as well!

You should be able to download ORBX on a second computer at no charge

Short answer is that you will not have a problem with the plan you are executing.  I just built a new PC for flight simulation and installed all the ORBX products and FSX-SE with no problems except old ORBX libraries being installed by some of the older airport installers. I have an old FSX installation on another PC with many ORBX products installed and did what you are doing, keeping the old installation going until the new one is stable.  For the new installation I downloaded all the ORBX scenery products except Sedona (don't have that yet) to get the latest version of the download. I used the Beta version of FTX Central for the new install and it was a great help in making sure I had the latest version of each product and what was installed.  I find that FSX-SE is "smoother" that FSX, more like flying a real aircraft. Flew 3 hours last night through Utah in FTX global with no problems.

So Terry's best option is to buy a copy of a region, such as Australia, and install it on the new computer, assuming he doesn't want to uninstall any ORBX products from his old PC and doesn't have multiple copies of an ORBX region.  If his new FSX-SE installation is stable he then sequentially removes ORBX products from FSX and installs them into FSX-SE.  Using that process conforms to the licensing agreement as stated by JV.  If installing FSX-SE on multiple platforms  you could install a different region for each instance of FSX-SE (Europe on one, North America on another) and conform to the license. I have five copies of ORBX Australia (six if you count the Red, Blue, Gold and Green regions I bought individually) and always start my new build with Australia and the freeware airports and add from there.  If you don't have multiple copies of ORBX products a new install is a great reason for buying something new to explore.  I bought Norway and installed it on my new build, now have another place to fly.  Why five copies of Australia?  Dial up modem, SP1, SP2, SP3 and a great sale on DVD copies long ago.

Hi Guys

I am having an issue with FTX Global in FSX STEAM

I have never had fsx box in my current PC (it was installed on my old pc - uninstalled now)

I installed it and there is no changes to the ground scenery

The night lighting is not working except for roads (in the boxed edition there was lights everywhere)

I have updated to the latest libraries as well

I am getting a headache from this

Please help me

Thanks

N P

Archived