FTX Norway - two issues since installing

kevinatkinson

First issue is the view keeps changing from VC to external to spot etc. And the second is when I shut down FSX there is now a new message "Microsoft Flight Simulator has stopped working" - " A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I would not have thought that loading FSX Norway would cause problem one, but both issues started immediately after loading and then exploring the new territory. The latest libraries have been loaded. I am running FSX with SP 1 and 2 on Windows 7 64 bit.

Regards,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

I've not heard of either issue in conjunction with FTX Norway. For the first one I'm not even sure what you mean so perhaps you can explain it a bit more or post some screenshots?  http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/38447-how-to-post-a-screenshot-on-the-orbx-forums/

As for the crashes you could check in the Windows Event viewer (Windows Logs > Applications) their logged details. Look for the latest crash, which will be marked as an "Application Error" with the faulting application "fsx.exe", and then either copy and paste the information from the General tab of the error log or take a screenshot as in my example below.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks Holger. For the first issue what I mean is I fly in VC view, and then suddenly without me doing anything the view changes to external, then a few seconds later it changes to spot and so on. However I also searched the net to see if anyone else had the same problem. I did find someone who had the same issue (not FTX Norway related) and all they did was change the mode setting on the Saitek Yoke. I have done this, flown for half an hour and I would say that the problem has now been resolved.

The second error that occurred when shutting down FSX has also stopped. I don't pretend to understand why both issues have now been resolved but I am happy that they have. Thanks for your input.

Archived