Main Tweak for FSX SE ?

Even if more flying with P3D i profit of the actual commercial offer to buy FSX SE (4€90 !!!). 

And must say than seems really more stable than FSX actually.

I tried to load FTX england and has no problem but really would be happy if some peoples using it with DX9 could share some main tweaks to be done  to obtain a better graphic way .

Thanks in advance and have a good fly and week end

JL

PS : dont want to use dx10 and tool you know all ... because my config is mainly used for ma P3DV2.5 config.

Hi 

thanks for all these good lessons of life ... but Jack, sorry to say that you  are free to do what you want, and other peoples (not all silly to reuse a term you use) are free to do what they want ..... et must not be consider as making a fault or being stupid  because they don't think like you ... if you are not curious that's your problem not mine. Sorry to be a little bit hard but have no lesson to receive about i'm doing .... and realy sorry if it make you sad ! Personaly close that point here !

Well back to the subject ....

No tweak why not but with a fresh install and only england and EGHI installed i must says that i'm not realy satisfied of the result : good quality at proximity of the plane, high framerate, no stutter, but at a short distance no vegetation, ground not really blurried but not clear .... all my seting taken from Orbx Guide for england ...

if someone have some idea ....

Thanks

JL

Hi Jack

Thanks JFS for your comment!!! It´s very sad that more people doesn´t understqand that.  :-[

I do wonder about one other thing. Why do people have both FSX SE and P3D installed? Yes silly question, I know, but..... I´m a Swede.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

I was running P3D v2.5 and when everyone began praising FSX-SE, I felt that the only way I could evaluate this SIM was to try it so I loaded it into my computer and loaded all the Orbx scenery I own then I loaded the rest of my bought and free scenery and finally all the aircraft that I like using.

I am now getting about 40% more FPS than P3D v2.5 and the SIM is very stable. I was also able to install all the Orbx scenery, bought and free that will not so far load in P3D and am just about using it full time and only going onto P3D to compare one scene or another on the odd occasion.

There are still things that I prefer in P3D but for some reason it does not run well in my computer so I will keep it up to date and hope that some day, if I find the fix, I will be able to switch back.

Kind regards

Ian

A must-have for FSX SE is a DX10 tweak tool such as "Steve's".   Also, the "Affinity Mask" cfg tweak is a must.   If you were to install Active Sky Next for FSX SE, ASN would add an "Affinity Mask" line for you. 

C.

A must-have for FSX SE is a DX10 tweak tool such as "Steve's".   Also, the "Affinity Mask" cfg tweak is a must.   If you were to install Active Sky Next for FSX SE, ASN would add an "Affinity Mask" line for you. 

C.

While I have found flying in FSX SE on DX9 quite enjoyable, I do agree that the Affinity Mask is a MUST have. 84 as suggested by HiFi tech (active sky next) is my sweet spot. 

Thanks guy for your return. will try to modify the Affinity Mask. As JFS said FPS are more than excellent in FSX SE (never seen better !) but my problem is not that point but the blurried texture ... 

Hope it will do the Job !

Thks. JL.

Archived