Not Sure Of Root Cause Product : Canberra City Scape Mesh Issue

Gday fellas

So Ive had Canberra City Scape for sometime on P3D (patently waiting for the accompanying YSCB airport!!) and I have not noticed this bug before

Since I installed FTX Global and FTX Vector. I have FTX AU applied with FTX Global in Hybrid mode.

Now I see parliament house is wrong, as in the pic below. Its floating up from the terrain, and theres a ridge around it too. I only use Holgermesh both for AU and PNG I have no other mesh product installed.

Im hoping it can be fixed please, Im not sure if this belongs in the vector forum, Im not sure of which product is the root cause

i71p9t.png

Hi Maurizio

Turning that file to off does work, but Parliament House isnt solid. As is shown in these pics:

2v1axk3.png

And here where you cant see me in my helicopter, but Im there:

r2npqv.png

Also, please inform us, will turning that file off effect anywhere else or is that file just specific to Canberra?

Many thanks

Hi Maurizio

Turning that file to off does work, but Parliament House isnt solid. As is shown in these pics:

2v1axk3.png

And here where you cant see me in my helicopter, but Im there:

r2npqv.png

Also, please inform us, will turning that file off effect anywhere else or is that file just specific to Canberra?

Many thanks

I agree, there is a lot of flickering. I would also like to know whether deactivating that file might also affect something else.

Hi guys, Parliament house is not solid because it's a default library object (already included in FSX) and i can't modify it. The flickering also are caused by default FSX models. It would have been too much to model every comercial/industrial items, neither i could use only our FTX libraries for this purpose.

For what i know, the testers didn't find any issues disabling that file, otherwise, if some issue is detected by you it's necessary that Pilot's provides a specific file for Canberra, that without Vector installed hasn't that type of problem.

I hope this answers to all your questions :)

Maurizio this may not be an item for you as the Canberra City Scape development guru (Were not worthy!) but in terms of fixing the root cause so new users never experience this bug, shouldnt vector be modified so this problem doesnt occur?

As far as I can see all weve done mate is to turn off vector for Canberra.

Can the vector developers fix this root cause style so we dont need too do anything but install and its all just works

Thanks

• 10 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎28‎/‎2015 at 3:37 PM, Maurizio Giorgi said:

Hi Nullack, please navigate in your P3D directory ...\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX

and rename the 8744_EXX_Excludes.bgl in 8744_EXX_Excludes.bgl.off

This should fix the problem :)

Renaming the file did flatten the terrain and put Parliament back on the ground for me. :)

Just an FYI, ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\FTX_VECTOR_EXX\scenery\ was the full location for me in P3Dv3.1.

Did disabling the file change anything else?

Holger explained me that this file covers an area bigger than the cityscape, during the development we tried to test if deactivating that file caused issues outside the cityscape, but apparently we didn't find anything relevant.

The only other way is to modify the Vector file or to disable Vector. Where it's possible my approach is to matain active all the other addons, but in some case, maybe for the structure of the simulator, this is not possible.

Thanks for your feedback :)

• 6 months later...

Gday Maurizio. Mate I just love this product of yours, and as you know, I have gone out of my way to recommend it to my friends. I hope indeed it has been a good commercial sales item for you sir.

The reason for this response here. I had to do a total clean rebuild of my PC. I'm now up and happening with all my Orbx goodies. Sadly, I have this problem again. Configuration items have changed though. Orbx Central now has the option to tick the "have FTX AUS" which I have, and ofcourse, I've done the data conversion so I dont need to swap between regions anymore.

Now I had to actually search for ""8744_EXX_Excludes.bgl" cos the path was not under the new configuration items. After searching it turned up in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\ORBX\FTX_VECTOR\Disabled\FTX Australia\EXX

So it seems this directory path is a disable path? How do I disable the file now to workaround the problem?

I know you've put allot of effort into building a high quality product. Is there a way the root cause of this can be fixed so a customer just does nothing, but install and enjoy please?

Parliament House is Australia's most important political building and is one of the common things people want to see in my humble opinion when enjoying your Canberra cityscape.

Thanks and Ciao

Hi Nullack, thanks for your thoughts :) Well, you know that an installer searches for precise path, if a scructure changes the only way is to modify the installer, so that it points the operation to the correct area. Being the excludes.bgl all files that inhibes something, according to me the only way is to search that file 8744_EXX_Excludes.bgl and rename it with a .off extension. If a solution could be given is more from a Vector expert, because when i developed the scenery wasn't present and it's known that the new addons have to take in count if Vector is installed or not. I see know with the Cote d'Azur cityscape, because things change if i have Vector active or not, in other words maybe a control panel is needed to make everything automatically. I am agreed that a solution would be required but at the light of the new FTX central operations i haven't the right experience to give the best advice. Maybe the manual solution is still the best option, but with the reserve that maybe someone more expert than me with the new system could give a better advice than this.

The "disable" is anyway only a name, the important is if that directory is active or not in the scenery library. If it isn't active, then those bgl inside shouldn't have any effect.

Archived