FTX_AA_Global_Airports Entry

ATCS Radar

Hello, I have posted 2 forum entries trying to figure out why the FTX AA Global Airports entry into the Scenery Library always ends up where it does. In my system that entry is always placed above my payware airports such as KPSP. If I move it down below the airports in the Scenery options of either FSX or P3D v2 the airport displays perfectly. However, if I make any updates to any FTX file (like the ORBX Libraries) it moves it back and messes up the addon airports.

I totally understand that but then I need to know why the purchased KPSP scenery is not displaying correctly when the "FTX AA Global Airports" entry is above the KPSP entry. Try it for yourself and you will see that RW31r is misplaced and the hanger that is off at about 2 o'clock to that runway has the hanger door closed with the tail of an aircraft sticking thru it. If you place the KPSP entry above the "FTX AA Global Airports" entry the hanger door is open and you can see people working on that airplane, and RW 31r is in the right place and the VASIs are in the correct position. That begs the question "What else is not displaying correctly?"

This happens to me as well. I always try to make sure the North American freeware scenery pack is below my other ORBX airports before setting off in the sim. The North American pack has a mind of it's own and likes to place itself above the other airports and it causes terrain anomalies.

I totally understand that but then I need to know why the purchased KPSP scenery is not displaying correctly when the "FTX AA Global Airports" entry is above the KPSP entry. Try it for yourself and you will see that RW31r is misplaced and the hanger that is off at about 2 o'clock to that runway has the hanger door closed with the tail of an aircraft sticking thru it. If you place the KPSP entry above the "FTX AA Global Airports" entry the hanger door is open and you can see people working on that airplane, and RW 31r is in the right place and the VASIs are in the correct position. That begs the question "What else is not displaying correctly?"

Ok, after some trial and error, here's how to keep the hangar door open with the guys working on the Southwest Air jet.  I think runway 31R is correctly placed and the VASIs are also correct, but I didn't check these.  There's no need to move the KPSP entry in the scenery library.  Keep it where it is.

Navigate to {your FSX directory}>Orbx>FTX_Global>FTX_FTXG_Airports>Scenery

Scroll down to:  ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL.OFF and verify the extension is indeed .OFF.  The next entry under that, ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL should be renamed with the extension .OFF1 ( some such).  Do the same for the next two entries as well:  ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.BGL.OFF and ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.BGL.OFF1.

Continue scrolling down until you reach this entry:  FTX_FTXG_KPSP_objects.bgl.OFF and add .OFF1 to the next entry:  FTX_FTXG_KPSP_objects.bgl.OFF1

See how this works for you!  It does for me.

Stew

What you have done is effectively turned off the scenery for KPSP as it exists in the FTX Global Airports package and allowed the payware KPSP to take precedence, without moving its entry in the scenery library.

Hello, I have posted 2 forum entries trying to figure out why the FTX AA Global Airports entry into the Scenery Library always ends up where it does. In my system that entry is always placed above my payware airports such as KPSP. If I move it down below the airports in the Scenery options of either FSX or P3D v2 the airport displays perfectly. However, if I make any updates to any FTX file (like the ORBX Libraries) it moves it back and messes up the addon airports.

G'day there,

There is a script in the (payware) KPSP installer that will automatically look for and remove our freeware version, thereby negating any clashes. Obviously the problem presents itself again if you re-install the Global Freeware Airports (say, for example, because there has been a new release or update) - so the easiest method to fix the issue without having to tweak any files is to run your KPSP installer again. It doesn't answer your specific question as to scenery ordering (I'm not an expert in this area and will have to defer others who are), however it should fix the problem that results.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Yep that seems to have worked, also you have to do the same thing for KBNG files as they have similar issues when the payware of KPSP is installed. Thanks for your help.

Sounds good.  Jarrad pointed out the KBNG files conflict in another thread as well.

Archived