FSX will not open

Capt Ron

FSS0362437 27 March 2015 Vector.  I have download and installed Vector and all it's up dates and ran both vector config and FTX central . Now when I try to open FSX it get about 70 % way loading scenery then stops and locks up.

• 5 months later...

Fsso226550 FTX global

Hello

Frist let me say that I just LOVE your stuff, I just wish the support was easier and faster.

In any case here my problem I just got a state of the art new computer and would like to install / load the six orbx program I have. The "C" is some what small so I need to install all flight simulator programs to the 2TB "D" drive. When I did that the Central program could not find FSX ( also on D drive) and therefore would go no farther with the install. How do I tell it to look on the "D" for this and all other orbx files I will load.

Ron H.

Hello Ron,

I have merged your three topics into one.

The FTX installers require a registry entry to point them

to the location where FSX is installed.

You can download from this page, the FSX Registry Utility

which will enable you to find what your current registry entry is

(GetPath) and then reset it to where you now have FSX (SetPath).

Once your registry entry points to the right place, all the installers

will work.

First, install your six products and then be sure to visit this page

and download and install the latest libraries.

If you require further support, please add to this topic, rather than create a new one.

Thanks.

I have a new problem ,after downloading , Global ,England, North America, Oceania, Vector, and trees. Then all the service packs,patches and FTXORBXLIBS 150815. and all looked to have installed OK Now when I run the FTX Central , I get a warning box pop up that said "Terrain Configuration error, The terrain.cfg doesn't contain a ( landclasses) section please make sure you have the latest  orbx libraries installed". So I installed 150815 again, no luck. If I open FSX it is a mess, there are trees on runways with building in water and water where it should not be. Please do not tell me I have to reinstall, it took 12 hours last time.

Ron H.

• 1 month later...

Hello Nick

I have a new problem when I open FTX central today it show that there was an update for Global base pack. But when I clicked on it a new box open saying update version 1.40 can be obtained from your FlightSim Store. I called them and they do not know anything about this. I also check on your support update page and could not find it.

Archived