Ready To Try FSX-Steam Edition

All this talk about smoothness and avoiding OOM errors has cajoled me to try steam edition.

I've reformatted and I'm almost done downloading fsx steam edition.

Wish me luck?

Jose

BTW: I hope that this is not the wrong forum for this topic.

Please report back, been thinking about doing the same after seeing all these good reports:p. The reinstall is basicly what has hold me back,  I had a crash on my backup hardrive so I have to redownload all my FTX sceneries:(.

I'm sorry to report that it did NOT take me long before I decided to reset my computer. :-[

After 1 1/2 download, installed FSX-Steam, GoFlight, FSUIPC, FTXG, and REX4 textures, and my L-39. (Maybe 3 hours)

GoFlight Modules did not work and something happened to vector lights. Not sure why this is a problem with the latest FTXG installer.

FSX-Steam was smooth, but not any smoother than an FSX initial install. I could not run FSX-Steam offline, missing vector lights, and my GoFlight Mods were Inop.

That's when I decided to scrap the idea. Maybe when I buy another computer.

• 2 months later...

I have FSX -Steam now running for about 3 weeks. It is to me an big improvement over FSX. I got all aircraft working, including the MAAM B-25. The scenery sliders further to the right and more fps even when operating from London in bad weather I get 10 fps which is more than the 5 fps I got in FSX. Average frame rate is around 40 - 5- fps.

The only minor thing is the .dll problem with two freeware FTX German airports.

Regards

Hans 

i have run almost all those addons with no issues, and can complete 13+ hour flights in fsx-se, it should be installed on a clean install, it will be the same as running the boxed version of fsx

Archived