Updated Global Freeware NA& Europe interfers with Palm Springs

SAWT

Hello,

There maybe be a problem with one or both of the updated FTX Global Freeware North America & Europe packs released today. I have just installed them and made a test flight from the ORBX Palm Springs airport. As you will see in the attached picture I have canyons along the roads and the airport terminal is not correct. The Palm Springs scenery was working correctly immeadiatly before I installed the North America and Europe packs. I had this problem previously after installing an addon (I don't know which one) which is why I tried out Palm Springs.

I am using Prepar3d v2.5 which I installed on to a clean computer (i.e. just the OS). All of the Prepar3d-ready scenery that ORBX have released has been installed and tested. I have no non-ORBX scenery installed.

Fortunatly I always make a disk image before installing anything new so I can use this to restore Prepar3D.

I will be interested to hear if anyone else has similar issues and if there is a work-around. I haven't looked at many of the other airports I have installed but the few I did look at appear OK.

PalmSprings.jpg

The KPSP installer actually disables the freeware files, but obviously what has now happened is that they are reinstalled.

Doing a search in the ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\ folder for KPSP will find those offending files, simply delete them.

Hello SAWT

Jarrad Marshall posted a fix for a previous conflict with the Orbx Freeware KPSP and KBNG and I have listed this below.

'This will be the most likely cause of your problems. This is Neil's freeware rendition of KPSP; our payware Palm Springs installer includes a script to remove this file so I'm sorry I'm not sure why it didn't clean it up for you. No worries, it will be an easy fix:

1. Go to your ORBX\FTX_GLOBAL\FTX_FTXG_AIRPORTS\Scenery folder

2. Find the following two files and rename them:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KPSP_CVX.bgl.OFF

3. For good measure, in the same folder, find and rename these two files too:

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG.BGL rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG.BGL.OFF

ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG_CVX.bgl rename to ADE_FTX_FTXG_KBNG_CVX.bgl.OFF

Those last two files are Neil's version of Banning Municipal - this is one of the two additional fields included with (the payware) KPSP and will also have clashes if Neil's version hasn't been removed.'

If you have already applied the fix to your installation then both KPSP and KBNG have been loaded again to your installation with you loading the new Freeware Airports cancelling out your previous ammendments to these files.

What you should do to correct the problem is

1) If you have not previously repaired your setup just follow Jarrad's instructions as above

2) If you have already added OFF to the above files you will see that another two files have been added to your setup putting these files back in again. Just delete these two bgl files and leave your original ones showing.OFF

Hope this all makes sense

Kind regards

Ian

Ed, you beat me to it

Hi Ed and Ian,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I have just restored my computer as I mentioned I would in my post so tomorrow I will install the Global NA and Europe airports again and do as you have suggested. I am sure that will fix the problem. Once again many thanks for responding.

Shaun

By ckecking this scenery folder I found these appropriate files in both named ways: With&without  OFF extention. so I let the "OFF" in place and deleted the others for KBNG and KPSP.

I even deleted the object files for them too, is that ok?   because these where double too.

Sometimes his install script doesn't seem to delete the files and instead leaves the .bgl and the .bgl.off both in there. I had to manually delete the .bgl's and just left the copies of the .bgl.off files in place as they are the same file anyways.

Archived