Victa Air Tourer elevator trim too sensitive

hwh86

I have just purchased the Victa Air Tourer and having flown it in the real world, obviously, I was very keen to fly it in my FSX. I was not disappointed, like all Orbx/FTX products, it is every bit as exciting as I had hoped it would be. However, I am very disappointed with the elevator trim being over sensitive. I have about 60 other payware aircraft and this is the only one I am struggling with, trying to trim it for any given attitude during a flight. I have edited the elevator trim effectiveness value in the Tuning section of the aircraft.cfg file but it did not make any difference. I am totally stumped, please tell me what, if anything, I could do to make the trim work as it should. For FSS order No. please see inside my signature.

Thanks for the help, finally, I went back to the aircraft.cfg file and made two changes, in the Flight tuning section I increased the "pitch stability" value from 1.0 to 1.2 and reduced the "elevator trim effectiveness" value from 1.0 to 0.2. The Victa is now the little sweetie it is supposed to be.

I will look into whether this needs to be officially patched thanks for the information im glad it matches you real world experience

Thanks

Paul

Thanks Paul, it may be a good idea to publish a patch although, surprisingly, no body else seems to have raised this issue before me. I would be very interested to know if other guys also experienced it but did not feel that it was remarkable enough to submit a support request. May be I am too pedantic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Guys,

I just purchased the Air Tourer and also found elevator trim virtualy uncontrollable but finding this forum and hwh83's tweak - applied, and really works for me. Thank you.

I do have another proble in so far as I cannot use the key switch to start the aircraft. All other gauges/switches work fine. Maybe should post a new thread but anything other than Control E is better.

FSS0449966 for Victa Air Tourer order

Thanks

Graeme

1 hour ago, avocado0425 said:

Hi Guys,

I just purchased the Air Tourer and also found elevator trim virtualy uncontrollable but finding this forum and hwh83's tweak - applied, and really works for me. Thank you.

I do have another proble in so far as I cannot use the key switch to start the aircraft. All other gauges/switches work fine. Maybe should post a new thread but anything other than Control E is better.

FSS0449966 for Victa Air Tourer order

Thanks

Graeme

Graeme I have just tried mine, the scroll wheel of my mouse controls the magneto switch, I could shut down the engine and re start it without any problems. Place the pointer  over the key in the switch, rotating the scroll wheel away from you turns the key clockwise, rotating the scroll wheel towards you turns it anti clockwise.

As for the elevator trim, Paul van Est promised a patch but to date it hasn't happened.

4 hours ago, avocado0425 said:

Thank you again. I didn't think to use the scroll wheel - works a treat. Really enjoying flying this little beauty.

A great pleasure to be able to help Graeme. Enjoy your flying.

Archived