SmartAssembly Error

MZee1960

Hi Guys !

I have been running error free with FTX Global and Vector installed for several months.

A couple weeks ago, I installed the full FTX PNW Region as my  'next step'  in FSX scenery improvement.

Shortly thereafter,  I noticed my system would occasionally freeze,  then a popup describing  'a fatal error has occurred' , and  'system is looking for a solution to the problem',   then another popup  'FSX will now close and restart' ,  followed by a third popup  'this application requires {smartassembly} to be installed on the system'  with an  'OK'  checkbox below this.  When I click on the OK checkbox,  FSX starts to shut down,  but then a red  'stop sign'  appears,  warning that FSX was not shut down properly and system should be re-booted.  When I click on this  'stop sign'  to acknowledge,  FSX shuts down and then restarts with the regular default screen showing as if nothing had happened.

This is quite frustrating especially in the middle of a flight, when everything suddenly disappears and resets.  So far I have not been able to pinpoint a cause of this error.  I recently only installed PNW and 2 addon payware aircraft a day or so later,  so I figure this error may be somehow linked to one of these  ?  or ?  ...  I came across a lot of ideas in various forums, but no solutions so far.   Ideas range from outdated .NET framework ?,  outdated video card drivers  ?,  software faults  etc. ?... 

I have had the  UIAutomationcore.dll  in my FSX folder since I installed FSX on this system over 2 years ago..   I have been also running  AccuFeel, REX E+w/OD,  and UT2 for over a year without problems.  Orbx is the only scenery addon I have,  and consists only of Global, Vector, and the PNW full region so far.

Just wondering if anyone here can shed some light on this error from an Orbx perspective and possible fixes  ?  I really don't know what is causing this error at this time so I am trying to narrow things down by asking here in hopes someone, somewhere has come across this error before.

Thank-you, in advance, for your input and suggestions.

Cheers,
Milan.

Hi Guys !

I have been running error free with FTX Global and Vector installed for several months.

A couple weeks ago, I installed the full FTX PNW Region as my  'next step'  in FSX scenery improvement.

Shortly thereafter,  I noticed my system would occasionally freeze,  then a popup describing  'a fatal error has occurred' , and  'system is looking for a solution to the problem',   then another popup  'FSX will now close and restart' ,  followed by a third popup  'this application requires {smartassembly} to be installed on the system'  with an  'OK'  checkbox below this.  When I click on the OK checkbox,  FSX starts to shut down,  but then a red  'stop sign'  appears,  warning that FSX was not shut down properly and system should be re-booted.  When I click on this  'stop sign'  to acknowledge,  FSX shuts down and then restarts with the regular default screen showing as if nothing had happened.

This is quite frustrating especially in the middle of a flight, when everything suddenly disappears and resets.  So far I have not been able to pinpoint a cause of this error.  I recently only installed PNW and 2 addon payware aircraft a day or so later,  so I figure this error may be somehow linked to one of these  ?  or ?  ...  I came across a lot of ideas in various forums, but no solutions so far.   Ideas range from outdated .NET framework ?,  outdated video card drivers  ?,  software faults  etc. ?... 

I have had the  UIAutomationcore.dll  in my FSX folder since I installed FSX on this system over 2 years ago..   I have been also running  AccuFeel, REX E+w/OD,  and UT2 for over a year without problems.  Orbx is the only scenery addon I have,  and consists only of Global, Vector, and the PNW full region so far.

Just wondering if anyone here can shed some light on this error from an Orbx perspective and possible fixes  ?  I really don't know what is causing this error at this time so I am trying to narrow things down by asking here in hopes someone, somewhere has come across this error before.

Thank-you, in advance, for your input and suggestions.

Cheers,

Milan.

I can't be absolutely certain without more information about what type of airplane you are flying what scenery you are flying over, etc. etc.  But it sounds like the dreaded OOM error (out of memory), caused by your VAS (virtual address space) memory being depleted.  More knowledgeable folks in these parts are bound to weigh in with their views.

Stew

I can't be absolutely certain without more information about what type of airplane you are flying what scenery you are flying over, etc. etc.  But it sounds like the dreaded OOM error (out of memory), caused by your VAS (virtual address space) memory being depleted.  More knowledgeable folks in these parts are bound to weigh in with their views.

Stew

I had the same problem caused by UT2 there is a fair amount of info on it just google ut2 smart assembly error and you should

find it. you could try ut2 update might help.

Hi Stew,

I usually fly RealAir Duke or the T-Duke (I have V2 of each model) over the FTX PNW Region, usually anywhere between Vancouver CYVR and Seattle KSEA airports.  A typical flight from KSEA to CYVR is usually about 25min. in the Duke, and if I do not do much looking around/changing viewpoints/mouse clicking etc. during the flight, often there is no problem and can land at CYVR w/o error occurring. I have my scenery settings set mid to high (as per Orbx manual),  autogen density set to  'dense',  scenery complexity set to  'extremely dense'.  The error never happens right away, usually takes a while to occur, sometimes doesn't occur at all, usually is triggered by a mouse click or change of viewpoint  -  this causes the sim to  'hang'  for a few seconds, then I get the pop-ups advising me of what happened etc...

Hi Skelly,

When I go on the User Interface for UT2, and go to updates, there is a statement there that says  'Update is not necessary. The UT2 Program files are current.'  (?)  My version of UT2 is 2.09.  Now that you mention this, I will try their website and see if I can find any updates there somewhere.

I have been running UT2 without problems for over a year now.  I just wonder why it would cause any such errors now ?

Cheers,

Milan. 

Hi, Milan.  I don't think UT2 is the problem, but then, I don't run it.  The Duke is rendered in HD, correct?  And that area you're flying in, especially KSEA, is a notorious memory hog.  My guess is that the combination eats up the 3+ Gb of VAS fairly quickly.  I confess I don't know the solution, but try flying somewhere else in PNW where the scenery isn't quite so memory demanding and see how long you can fly without the program crashing. There have been discussions here and elsewhere about this continuing problem in FSX.  FSX Steam edition reputedly seems to have solved the problem, as has P3D.  I'd be interested to see what advice others can come up with

try disabling UT2 and see if you still get errors

Hi, Milan.  I don't think UT2 is the problem, but then, I don't run it.  The Duke is rendered in HD, correct?  And that area you're flying in, especially KSEA, is a notorious memory hog.  My guess is that the combination eats up the 3+ Gb of VAS fairly quickly.  I confess I don't know the solution, but try flying somewhere else in PNW where the scenery isn't quite so memory demanding and see how long you can fly without the program crashing. There have been discussions here and elsewhere about this continuing problem in FSX.  FSX Steam edition reputedly seems to have solved the problem, as has P3D.  I'd be interested to see what advice others can come up with

Have you installed the free FSUIPC as that has the fix for G3D.dll error. That might be your problem. Josh

Hi Peter,

I disabled UT2, did 3 flights of about 1/2 duration, no error.  Today, did one flight,  got same error about  35 min. into the flight.  All flights in PNW using RealAir Duke, starting at KSEA.  I have never had any issues with UT2 since installation and I really don't think it is contributing in any way to this error.  Errors started randomly after I downloaded FTX PNW region and 2 new payware aircraft  -  all 3 were added into FSX over a two or three day period ......, then a week, or so later, the first error occurred.

Hi Stew,

I have not had many OOM errors in FSX at all,  but from what I can recall,  there is a  'popup'  just before an OOM error warning something like  'FSX will have to close due to memory limitations, or something like this ...', then FSX closes down and restarts.  This error doesn't resemble an OOM error as it has no such popup warning of memory limitations,  unless of course, there are different OOM errors which present differently ?  Not sure.

Hi Josh,

I have heard of FSUIPC, but have never actually looked into it.  I guess, I have always looked at tweaks and fixes which would help me  'repair'  an issue after it started and have always kept FSX operating at a relatively  'bare bones'  level,  only incorporating changes, addons and tweaks that were absolutely necessary to it's smooth operation.  I must admit, all my searches in the past to solutions have always pointed me to some config file tweaks, or the removal of an addon which didn't play nice with the others.. In my travels, I have come across many 'new' software releases claiming to improve FSX in one way or another, but have never really opted to download any of them, for fear that a slight improvement in one aspect of FSX may in turn bring on some negative issues/problems somewhere else in FSX.

I will look into FSUIPC,  as right now I have no idea of what it does or even is for ?    

I have the UIAutomation core.dll  entry in FSX file folder  -  been there almost since day 1.  Now I am finding there are at least 2 versions  (6.0.6001.18000 and 6.0.5840.16386).. I have the 18000 version.  Some say the 16386 version works a lot better  ?  Perhaps it's worth a try to swap them out.  I will also try some flights without either version inside FSX file folder and see if I get any FSX crashes.  Perhaps my radical change in going from default FSX textures to FTX Global and Vector somehow is raising new issues with having the UIAutomationcore.dll inside the FSX folder and things would run better without it ?

Cheers,

Milan.  

Hi, Milan.  Your recollection of the 'pop-up' just prior to a oom crash is what I recall also.  So your problem may not be oom related at all, but then, what is it?  I occasionally have the same problem, so I'm anxious to see a solution to this annoyance.  I've always assumed it was a oom error, and didn't think much about no 'pop-up' notice appearing.

Stew

All I got for you is that I installed ut2 and had the same error pop up at random times tried disableing it stll had errors

uninstalled completely never had a error since. that's my experience with it.. have you tried the ut2 forums I know

there is a bunch of stuff on smart assembly in the forums

I think the issue may stem from a faulty  Simconnect  file. 

I will have to do some more research on this. 

If simconnect is at fault, then I will have to find a way to repair it, or replace it.  Three simconnect files exist in FSX. 

Cheers,

Milan.

OK, I checked and FSX is good in all regions except Orbx PNW, where this error and crash still occurs.

Does anyone know if the  '  [bUFFERPOOLS] RejectThreshold=131072  '   tweak may cause these types of errors/crashes  ??

MZ

OK, I checked and FSX is good in all regions except Orbx PNW, where this error and crash still occurs.

Does anyone know if the  '  [bUFFERPOOLS] RejectThreshold=131072  '   tweak may cause these types of errors/crashes  ??

MZ

Can't help you there, MZ.  I don't use that particular tweak.

Stew

• 2 weeks later...

I used to have similar errors happening randomly after a mouse click or changing views.

I installed FSUIPC (the free version) and the problem never happened again. 

With FSUIPC, you will hear a "ding-dong" when FSX runs below 300mb of free VAS. So you know it's time to save the flight and restart the sim.

Archived